Primary Objectives of the Position:
Provides customer service and office support to the Feed Operations.
Communicates with patrons and employees in a manner that will create support and loyalty for United Farmers Cooperative.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Acts as a customer service representative and assists customers both on the phone and in person.
- Daily invoicing for customer sales.
- Data entry of order acknowledgements and inventory receivers.
- Close out end of the day cash drawer.
- Filing necessary paperwork as needed.
- Runs necessary reports as requested.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds to load bags as needed.
- Processes paperwork for transfers and adjustments of inventory.
- Complies with all laws and regulations that apply to the department.
- Attends appropriate training sessions as part of programs of continuing education.
- Update and maintain customer files and invoice files
- Constantly be working towards creating a more efficient system and processes for serving our customers. Strive for creativity and accuracy. This position will give you the opportunity to learn existing systems as well as allow you the opportunity to develop your own ways of doing things better
- Participate in all staff meetings as required. Also attend training sessions as needed to perform job functions and grow with the system.
- Help to maintain a clean and professional environment
- Assist in normal cleaning and maintaining of the location. Everyone takes part of this responsibility
- Organize office area and make any needed changes or suggestions that will allow the office to run more smoothly.
- May be asked to take charge of computer training and maintenance.
- Enforce the company credit policy. No charges to customers on COD. No charges to customers who have not been approved by management. No charges to customers to exceed any set limits. All personal Coop accounts are current.
- Perform other reasonable duties as assigned by management
Post high school training at the college or vocational level. Accounting emphasis preferred
Experience may be substituted for education
Customer service or office assistant experience desirable.
Must be computer literate.
Experience with Microsoft Office computer programs desirable.
Ag background a plus.
Must attend all training sessions required by law.
Must comply with all safety regulations and policies of the company
Must have good finger dexterity.
Must be able to operate all office equipment