The Reunification Support Specialist (RSS) provides ongoing support to the enrolled Parent/Caregiver (P/C) to successfully participate in organization services as an important step in reunifying with their family. In addition, the RSS acts as an advocate on behalf of the P/C in the reunification process, assisting the P/C to work collaboratively with the assigned CUA and onsite organization service providers to ensure that the P/C achieves and is able to maintain the level of self-sufficiency needed when the child/children return home.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain constant communication and build rapport with enrolled P/C through regular check in and P/C calendar development meetings to support successful participation in organization’s services and effectively prepare for upcoming Family Court hearings.
- Ensure P/C has written evidence of successful participation in organization’s services, i.e. letters of service completion, certificate of service completion to bring to Family Court hearings.
- Responsible for conducting telephone outreach to schedule the enrolled P/C for check in meetings. Complete referral to Outreach Unit in those instances where telephone contact is unsuccessful, P/C does not report for check in meetings and/or is not actively participating in organization’s services.
- Facilitate P/C calendar development process.
- Work collaboratively with assigned CUA as needed to address P/C needs and concerns, i.e. visitation.
- Complete referrals to on-site organization’s service providers.
- Update goal plan as needed to reflect ongoing P/C needs as it relates to achieving self-sufficiency to successfully reunite with their family.
- Maintain case notes using the Strengthening Families Framework as a guide to document P/C progress at organization.
- Complete reports for submission to Family Court and assigned CUA.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Position is currently remote, one day in office (no clients). Must have computer and cell phone. Must have dedicated space to work full time and to provide confidential phone and virtual meetings.