· Ability to communicate effectively with individuals, co-workers, supervisors and customers (verbal and written). Must have a pleasant personality to greet the public in person and on the phone.
· Must possess social perceptiveness to assess and understand other’s reactions and behaviors. · Must be computer literate with strong emphasis on Windows, Word, Outlook and Excel.
· Ability to define problems and draw valid conclusions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
· Preferred: Associates Degree or higher.
· Required: Reliable transportation to work a flexible schedule.
· Preferred: Two years’ work experience in Safety and/or Security-related field.
· Preferred: Experience working with individuals with disabilities.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and functions of the position. The list below of minimum essential functions is illustrative of the minimums only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed.
· Ability to lift and move boxes up to 40 pounds.
o At Walters Campus - ability to lift over fifty (50) lbs.; pushing and pulling of containers up to 300 lbs.
· Ability to sit at a computer for prolonged periods of time.
· Ability to work in a typical office environment.
· Ability to tolerate stress.
· Ability to conduct tasks and successfully perform under critical deadlines.
· Manual dexterity to operate office equipment and examine documents, records and files.
· Position is generally 90 percent in a climate-controlled office environment.