PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Administrative Assistant / Secretary (part-time) provides regular clerical and administrative support to Club staff; prepares correspondence and reports, maintains schedules and calendars; answers telephones and maintains electronic and hard copy files.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
1. Perform regular secretarial duties, preparing correspondence and reports as requested by supervisor and composes draft letters following established formats. Proofread all materials for accuracy prior to supervisory review and signature.
2. Maintain supervisor's calendar, scheduling meetings and making logistical and travel arrangements necessary for internal and external meetings. May prepare meeting agenda and minutes, as requested. 3. Maintain master schedule of Club activities and events, collecting and disseminating information to Club staff, volunteers, members and families as instructed.
4. Answer telephones, providing general information, referring callers to other staff or taking messages as necessary.
5. Maintain electronic and hard copy filing systems, making sure they are accurate and timely and facilitate easy retrieval of information.
6. Monitor office supply inventory and order supplies as necessary.
7. May be responsible for managing inventory of office equipment and service contracts, performing routine maintenance and contacting service representatives as needed.
8. May serve as Club receptionist, greeting members and visitors and maintaining attendance and visitor logs.
9. May monitor and log staff attendance and transmit attendance data to payroll.
10. May use data tracking systems to track average daily attendance (ADA) and youth and teen participation. 11. Perform other related secretarial or administrative duties as requested.
Internal: Maintain close daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer) and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/instructions, instruct and advise/counsel.
External: Maintain contact with members, families and the general public to give and obtain information, either in response to inquiries or as instructed by supervisor.