Provides supervision and direction for all Housekeeping and Laundry activities of the hotel to ensure that the highest levels of cleanliness, organization and guest satisfaction are maintained. Responsible for the hiring, training, management and the development of all Housekeeping personnel including, Housekeeping Manager(s), Supervisor/Inspectors, Room Attendants, Housemen, Public Space Attendants, Laundry Attendants, and Night Cleaning Attendants. This position oversees all Housekeeping operations to control costs, enforce consistency as it relates to standard operating procedures, quality service and employee development, in addition to providing exceptional levels of guest service through the guests' stay. This position will respond quickly to requests and/or complaints in a friendly manner and ensure that appropriate action is taken to guarantee guest satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibilities include all administrative, financial, and operating aspects of the resort as it relates to the Housekeeping and Laundry departments.
- Ensure proper staffing levels in the division in order to maintain guest and client service needs. Attract, retain and motivate the associates; hire, train, develop, coach and counsel, conduct performance reviews, resolve problems, provide open communication, discipline and terminate, as appropriate. Responsible for the professional development of subordinate managers and supervisors, to include professional training, personal coaching, and developing individual goals for each person.
- Ensure all housekeeping standards are upheld, trained and applied by every associate. Develop, maintain, and update Housekeeping Procedure manuals for each role under the division's control. Ensure awareness of and compliance with all company as well as OSHA safety and security policies and procedures. Ensure employee and guest safety by proper training and maintenance of equipment and work areas. Develops internal auditing processes to assure standards are consistently being met or exceeded
- Plan, organize and monitor staff activities to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards set by hotel, which requires continuous visual inspection of guest rooms and public space areas, etc. Respond to, investigate, and resolve guest concerns and complaints. Maintain high standards of quality and guest satisfaction. Ensure department coordinates activities with other departments. Maintain excellent communication and relationship with the Front Office department in particular to assure inventory issues are addressed. Monitor all VIP's and special requests. Assure department resources are coordinated for every VIP arrival in accordance with established VIP guidelines.
- Manage finances of housekeeping and laundry operations including budget and inventory controls. Analyze data and compile reports on expenditures, wages, labor, supplies, etc. in relation to hotel financial forecasts and budget. Establish and maintain adequate supplies for efficient operation of department. Maintains relationships with vendors to assure good working relationships are maintained. Negotiates pricing to assure contracted rates are within guidelines. Consistently researches cleaning methods and products to assure the resort is using the most sustainable and cost effective cleaning solutions. Monitor and enforce all security procedures to assure all supplies, chemicals, linens, and stock items are properly controlled and accounted for - including conducting regular inventories of all items. Monitor and enforce all key and asset control procedures. This includes performing routine inventories of master keys and radio assets.
- Distribute and delegate work load to guarantee maximum production and guest satisfaction with minimum outlay of expenses in terms of labor and materials. Monitor house count and make staffing adjustments accordingly.
- Plan and conduct housekeeping daily / weekly stand-up meetings as well as monthly department staff meetings. Attend various other related meetings, i.e., managerial weekly meetings, to obtain and disseminate pertinent information.
- Be available to work on a regular basis. Weekends and holidays are mandatory based on seasonality of the hotel.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned