The role of the Lodging Security Officer (LSO) is to provide safety and security for resort guests and employees 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Specifically, this position will be either Second or Third shift.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Routine foot patrols of the buildings and grounds.
• Respond to first aid requests, contacting EMS when necessary.
• Enforce quiet time.
• Respond to emergencies on the resort, act as incident coordinator until relieved
• Respond to accidents and complaints from guests and/or employees, taking reports while investigating incidents.
• Log and follow-up with guests on items in lost and found.
• Lock and unlock buildings as necessary.
• Safety-inspection tours.
• Escort VIPs, provide transportation as needed for special events.
• Assist outlets and resort staff with issues involving guests who may be intoxicated or causing disruption.
• File daily shift reports, incident reports and other related forms as required.
• Monitor and enforce parking policy across resort.
• Safety and Security patrols – Security officers to make a determined amount of tours around the entire property, mandated by the Security or Risk/Safety Manager.
• Security acts as medical first responder 24 hours a day.
• Liaison with Local and State law enforcement and emergency agencies.
• Conducts monthly and weekly Lighting and Safety Checks.
• Monitors and responds to various parking, road side signage and traffic safety issues.
• Reports and conducts investigations of possible criminal incidents and accident sights.
• Reports and conducts investigations of vehicle accidents.
• Monitors Surveillance cameras on the resort.
• Responds to and resolves guest and owner safety/security concerns.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Previous experience in the security field preferred.
• Prefer TIPS/TAMS Trained or ability to get and maintain.
• Previous experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook a plus.
• Clear and concise verbal communication skills.
• Self-directed and able to maximize use of time, resources and technology.
• Maintains office, employee and company confidentiality at all times.
• Dependable and meets goals.
• Exemplifies professional conduct and adherence to company Core Values.
• Associates degree preferred, High School diploma or equivalent required
• Combination of education and experience that enables performance of all aspects of the position
Physical & Other Requirements:
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear.
• The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance.
• The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Evenings, weekends and holidays are a regular part of the schedule.
• Must have excellent attendance and conduct record for consideration.
• Must have unrestricted and insurable driving record.
• Non-smoking candidates preferred.
This position is currently accepting applications.