The Grants Specialist will support grant research and proposal development for the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce with specific emphasis on Economic Development and Uptown Reinvestment Corporation projects.
The Grants Specialist will be responsible for researching and identifying new grant opportunities by researching facts and figures that enhance project need statements, creating proposed grant project budgets, grant writing, proofreading, writing, and submitting grant reports. Day to day operations include paperwork processing and filing (digital and hard copy), managing the grant log and deadline timeline, managing paperwork flow within the office (obtaining approvals/signatures and distributing official copies to the proper departments).
Other responsibilities include:
1. Research and identify new grant opportunities to support the Economic Development program elements; research facts and figures that enhance project need statements.
2. Conducts research to identify grant opportunities and content.
3. Grant paperwork tracking and monitoring.
4. Coordinate resources necessary for submission of grant proposals and reports, including data gathering, writing, proofreading, submission, as directed by the Director of Grants & Development.
5. May be required to develop fundraising campaigns, events, and activities in coordination with other FGCC departments.
6. Represent FGCC/programs with funders, maintaining communication and good relationships.
7. Works with staff to develop programs and proposals, refining internal systems between departments.
8. Other duties as assigned by the Grants Director.