GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Responsible for the transportation of clients to and from their quarters to their destination.
MONDAY-FRIDAY, 6:00AM-8:30AM & 2:30PM-5:00PM
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Supervises all activity on the van during the routes.
2. Works cooperatively with other staff operations, supervisors, parents, guardians and maintenance personnel.
3. Enforces departmental policy pertaining to transporting passengers.
4. Becomes familiar with the type of vehicle being operated.
5. Anticipates on a daily basis, needs such as tissue, paper towels, gas and seating capacity for the route.
6. Maintains records as needed and releases to the transportation/client coordinator upon request, i.e. UMTA reports, time sheets, complaint sheets and other reports as needed.
7. Releases to maintenance section in writing any problems associated with vehicle.
8. Maintains communications with the transportation office to ensure information concerning clients, i.e. behavior, not attending, address changes, problems are kept current.
9. Coordinates efforts to ensure all duties associated with route are performed.
10. Ensures compliance with safety procedures for personnel and vehicles and assures that all riders have been removed from the vehicle and checked into school or responsible person's home after completion of route.
11. Reports to transportation office any problems encountered while en route and/or complaints from parents/guardians.
12. Develops good driver/client relationships by treating all clients with courtesy, tact and kindness.
13. Will be responsible for moving child safety seats from one vehicle to another as necessary.
14. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.