CPNJ embraces a culture of diversity and inclusion in all of it policies and procedures. Care Plus adheres to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, et seq and NJ Law Against Discrimination.
* Provide case management services to homeless Bergen County residents, who are temporarily in shelter placement at the Bergen County Housing Health and Human Services Center (BCHHHSC), to assist in locating permanent housing. * * Promote maintenance of permanent housing independence and stability in the community. Provide a range of services varying from on-site intakes and assessments to in-community neighborhood-based case management services following linkage with permanent housing.
* Work collaboratively with BCHHHSC as well as all other service providers available on-site and in the community.
* Assesses clients at intake during ongoing service delivery and at discharge.
* Coordinates continuity of care within the agency, community, jails, hospitals, etc.
* Formulates comprehensive treatment plans containing relevant goals, measurable objectives and realistic time frames for achievement. Performs reviews of progress and evaluates effectiveness of goals/objectives.
* Engages clients in services and addresses their needs; provides linkage to health care services, dental care, benefits, mental health services, substance abuse services, family consultation, crisis intervention and vocational/educational/employment services, etc.
* Links clients to community service providers that meet the client's service goals and assist in achieving service outcome targets.
* Acts as a liaison and maintains open communication with existing treatment providers.
* Completes ongoing assessments through regular contact with clients to evaluate changing needs and progress towards goals. Such contact consists of home visits, telephone conferences, office visits, and visits to other community locations.
* Assists clients in completing appropriate forms to ensure their basic financial needs are met (i.e. Medicaid, SSI, SSD, food stamps, GA, etc.
* Responds to client-defined crisis as needed and consults with supervisor regarding each situation before taking action.
* Utilizes own vehicle for outreaches when not transporting clients.
* Transports clients as needed in agency vehicle.