The National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) is a not-for-profit, independent certification organization whose primary purposes are to establish and administer a national certification system and to identify qualified counselors who have voluntarily sought and obtained NBCC board certification. The organizational mission is to advance counseling as the premier certification body of the profession with the vision of enhancing society worldwide through quality counseling. NBCC and Affiliates is comprised of three organizational affiliates: the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC), the Center for Credentialing & Education (CCE), and, the NBCC Foundation (NBCCF).
NBCC and Affiliates has operations and partnerships in approximately 40 countries providing professional certifications, occupational credentials, training programs, educational activities, and public mental health services through institutes and residencies. Over 66,000 board certified counselors serve the public and advance mental health efforts across the globe. With a portfolio of nine credentials related to professional counseling, mental health, addictions, human services, and career development, NBCC and Affiliates seek to expand the professional capacity of counselors and human service professionals.
NBCC's primary organizational functions relate to the development and operation of quality credentialing, certification, and quality assurance programs. CCE creates and administers other occupational programs, including education and training activities, and leverages credentials to best serve communities. Additionally, CCE provides management services for associations, boards, agencies, and other organizational clients. NBCCF administers programs focused on capacity building, the expansion of access to mental health services in underserved and never-served communities, and the development of high-quality professional development resources for counselors.
The Administrative Assistant II in the Assessments Department performs day-to-day administrative tasks and provides support in accordance with the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) and the Center for Credentialing & Education (CCE) policies, processes, and procedures. This position will be expected to work independently as well as part of the Assessments team. Proficiency in all Microsoft Office suite products as well as proficiency in Office 365 is crucial to this position. As subject matter expert committee meetings and other trainings often occur on the weekend, this position will be required to work Saturdays at least once a month. Meetings are scheduled in advance.
- Answers telephone calls and emails and provides customer service to stakeholders, including but not limited to the examination candidates, appellants, item and narrative writers, subject matter experts (SMEs), and other stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Provides customer service and maintains thorough knowledge of accreditation standards, procedures, processes, and other requirements for all assessment programs.
- Sets up and manages paper or electronic filing systems, recording information, updating paperwork, or maintaining documents, such as correspondence or other material.
- Assists with the development of workflow processes for the department to improve efficiency.
- As directed and in coordination with the Exam Appeals Specialist, assists with the creation and maintenance of all appeals SharePoint folders. Requests necessary documents in a timely manner from our testing vendor when needed and monitors the Appeals inbox for those matters that can be dealt with immediately.
- Administers SMEs' meetings by making arrangements, communicating with the SMEs, organizing technical arrangements of the virtual and in-person meetings with the IT Department, coordinating travel and lodging arrangements of the meetings at the NBCC office with the related departments of NBCC, and maintaining records. Assists with note taking and other documentation during the meetings.
- Assists the Content Development Manager in issuance and maintenance of the contracts and invoices of SMEs and item/narrative writers by checking the records and by communicating with the related stakeholders.
- Creates and generates reports when requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable):
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to work remotely if necessary.
- Ability to work Saturdays when required.
- Mathematical - Ability to?add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.?
- Customer Focus - Genuinely cares whether the customers are satisfied and truly wants to create the best possible experience for them.
- Communication - Must be able to listen to others, process information, and communicate effectively.
- Adaptability - Ability to adjust to circumstances and think creatively.
- Task Management - Involves working efficiently and competently.
- Detail Oriented - Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved.
- Critical Thinking - Ability to see an issue and use objective analysis and evaluation in order to form a judgment.
Education and Experience:
- One to two years' related experience and/or training preferred.
- Associate degree from two-year college or technical school required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to be pleasant with others on the job and to display a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- May need to be able to work from home for an extended period of time.