Albemarle Estate is looking for a full-time housekeeper for our boutique hotel. Our housekeepers play a vital role in the overall guest experience. The purpose of this position is to ensure the cleanliness of rooms and public spaces. If you are passionate about making sure guest's have a superb experience, this position is for you! This position reports directly to the Hotel Manager.
Location: 20 Minutes south of Downtown Charlottesville
Wage: $12 to $15/hour + Excellent Benefits
Benefits: Affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance, PTO (paid vacation, sick days, and holidays), 401k eligibility after one year, generous employee discount, travel discounts at Trump Hotels, educational opportunities, paid volunteer days, and more.
- Clean and maintain common areas and guest rooms while keeping to the highest standards set by management
- Review daily reports noting arrivals and departures, as well as other assignments and duties for the day
- Collect inventory of guest room items upon a guest’s departure and report items missing to Guest Services
- Carry company radio and correspond with other departments on room statuses, privacy signs noted, and other pertinent information
- Inventory and restock closets and carts with chemicals, linen and other supplies needed for cleaning guest rooms and common areas
- Maintain cleanliness and organization in back of house areas and housekeeping carts and caddies
- Use standard housecleaning equipment (cart, vacuums, mops, brooms & various chemicals)
- Note and report any maintenance issues observed in guest rooms, common areas, and back of house
- Perform hotel service standards for stayover service, turn down service, and other guest needs including but not limited to getting ice, carrying bags to and from rooms, bringing guests additional service items such as towels, pillows, additional toiletries, etc.
- Perform laundry duties including sorting, washing, drying, folding and pressing
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Use cleaning products safely and appropriately
- Acknowledge and greets guests, employees and vendors in public spaces with a warm, friendly manner
- Ensure guest property left behind is given to Guest Services to log appropriately and return to guest
- Wear company uniform at all times
- Contribute to team: perform other duties as required to meet business needs and provide assistance as needed completing and collaborating on projects/tasks
- Strong organizational skills required and attention to detail
- Comfortable on a ladder, dusting overhead, reaching, and twisting
- Great customer service skills and professional attitude
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance
- Must be able to converse in English
- Ability to work long hours and/or seven days a week during critical times
- Ability to push, pull, carry, and lift up to 70 pounds.
- Ability to frequently bend over, kneel, twist, reach over one's head, climb stairs, ladders, and walk on varied surfaces (paved, incline, uneven, etc).
See why we’ve been named “one of the best places to work in Charlottesville”.
- Competitive pay
- Fantastic benefits including paying 80% of medical and dental premiums
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Generous discounts on wine, merchandise and hotels
- Training opportunities
- 2 paid team volunteer days per year
Trump Vineyard Estates is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other categories protected by federal, state, and local law.
Trump Vineyard Estates participates in the E-Verify Program (Identity and Employment Eligibility Verification) and uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Este Empleador participa en E-Verify (Verificación de Documentos de Identidad y Elegibilidad de Empleo).