Trump Winery is seeking a Full-Time Events Specialist to join our growing organization. The Events Specialist will oversee and facilitate all external and internal events, provide tours to prospective guests, answer all event inquiries, assist in the Tasting Room as needed, and more. The Events Specialist will report to the Director of Food and Beverage and work closely with various department managers. If you're looking for a role in an organization that values it's employees and offers exciting career growth opportunities, apply today!
Position: Events Specialist
Location: Trump Winery - 20 Minutes south of Downtown Charlottesville
Schedule: TBD, evening and weekend availability is needed
Wage: $20/hr + Excellent Benefits. This is a full-time, non-exempt, hourly position.
Benefits: Affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance, PTO (paid vacation, sick days, and holidays), 401k eligibility after one year, generous employee discount, travel discounts at Trump Hotels, educational opportunities, paid volunteer days, and more.
- Responsible for all duties relating to internal and external events
- Contract management ensuring all company policies and requirements are upheld
- Process payment transactions on POS system for client bookings and purchase of event wine
- Answer all event inquires, execute venue appointments with potential clients
- Assists as needed in Tasting Room
- Create event tickets in POS system
- Create, manage, and maintain event policies, including vendor approval process, contract policy, and client protocols
- In conjunction with leadership team, review and develop sales goals and strategies to reach defined sales goals
- Work with Marketing to: develop print and digital marketing strategies
- Develop, manage, and execute innovative signature winery events for: guests, wine club members, staff functions, fundraising activities for St. Jude and other charity events
- Provide all winery guests and event clients with a superior and consistent experience
- Maintain a professional attitude with all employees, customers and vendors
- Respond timely to issues that arise during an event (guest injury, equipment failures, accidents, etc.)
- Proficient in venue facility operations, including HVAC, fire suppression, well system, etc. to identify and resolve issues in conjunction with the Maintenance Supervisor
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Review, coordinate and execute all event arrangements to exceed expectations
- Communicate any last minute changes to all stakeholders
- Adhere to department budget and contribute to budget planning
- Exceptional skills in customer service and hospitality
- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere as well as independently, multi-task, and be comfortable collaborating internally
- Ability to lift, push and pull 50 pounds, stand on feet for 8+ hours
- Proven track record of facilitating successful group events
- Exceptional communication skills: written and verbal, presentation, coordination, and collaboration
- Ability to multi-task and handle changing priorities and multiple projects in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment
- Strong analytic and decision-making skills
- Develop and seek out creative and innovative ideas
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Maintain a contagious enthusiasm and pride for Trump Winery
See why we’ve been named “one of the best places to work in Charlottesville”. We offer:
- Competitive pay
- 80% company paid medical premium with only a $1,000 deductible
- 80% company paid dental premium
- 80% company paid vision premium
- Vacation, sick, and holiday pay
- Generous discounts on wine, merchandise, and hotels
- Wine training opportunities
- Two paid team volunteer days per year
Trump Winery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other categories protected by federal, state, and local law.
Trump Winery participates in the E-Verify Program (Identity and Employment Eligibility Verification) and uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Este Empleador participa en E-Verify (Verificación de Documentos de Identidad y Elegibilidad de Empleo).