Do you believe that if you change the beginning of a child's life you can change their whole story?
Cranfield Academy is seeking team members who are committed to getting it right for children right from the start. We are looking for energetic, compassionate educators who delight in marveling with children and introducing the world to them. At Cranfield Academy, we know the power of passionate educators when it comes to unleashing children's potential. We are a community of educators who seek to grow together in our craft knowledge to ensure that we thrive as professionals and our students thrive as learners and citizens.
As part of the Endeavor Schools Family, Cranfield Academy Carmel is currently seeking an experienced School Chef/Cook to serve our children nutritious and good-tasting food. This food must be prepared in our kitchen and will meet the highest standards for cleanliness and safety. Anything less is unacceptable. Contamination of food items must be prevented. The Head of School will inspect the kitchen and pantry frequently to ensure all the responsibilities of the cook are being performed properly.
- Assisting in the planning of all menus.
- Being able to prepare alternates in menu planning in the event of an emergency.
- Preparing meals and snacks efficiently that meet the nutritional needs of the children.
- Preparing food for special programs.
- Shopping for specific items as necessary.
- Maintain inventory of food and supplies and order more when needed.
- Treating all children, families, and co-workers with dignity and respect.
- Participating in recommended and required training.
- 2 years kitchen management/cook experience in a licensed childcare center is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of all current State and Local regulations.
- A High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Safety Statement: Endeavor Schools is committed to provide a safe school environment for our employees and our students. As such, we follow strict CDC guidelines for school operations, including, but not limited to, the use of Personal Protective Equipment like masks while on school grounds, taking temperatures of staff and students, and sanitizing classrooms and surfaces throughout the day. Employees of Endeavor Schools are expected to follow all work and safety guidelines/procedures each day.
Why work for us? Because we truly care about our people!
In addition to an engaging and dynamic work environment, we offer competitive benefits such as medical insurance, 401(k), paid time off, education scholarships, child tuition discounts, and more. Endeavor Schools is a growing family of private schools that is united by the belief that families deserve schools that are worthy of their trust. The mission of Endeavor Schools is to empower our schools with the tools, resources and support required to deliver on the promises made to our children and families. Our vision is to create optimal teaching and learning environments that transform the lives of those we serve.
Endeavor Schools is an equal opportunity employer.