Responsible for providing comprehensive, primary care medical services to patients and families across the lifespan in a patient-centered medical home. Requires experience and skills to assess and employ clinical competence, current best practices and process improvement. Works closely with other healthcare staff to prevent, diagnose and treat injuries or illnesses. All duties and responsibilities will be performed in accordance with the Yellowhawk Mission and Vision statements.
Essential Job Functions
1. Delivers patient care in a responsible, respectful and caring manner using experience and current best practices.
2. Provides medical screening, evaluation, diagnosis, treatment and prevention services to all eligible patients in an outpatient clinic.
3. Documents all patient visits legibly and timely using a SOAP format.
4. Executes various diagnostic tests, analyzes and documents reports and findings.
5. Prescribes and administers medications and treatment plans.
6. Orders referrals for medical patients for specialized treatment when the patient’s medical needs are beyond the limits of the medical facility and/or beyond the scope of the medical provider. Creates positive external relationships while coordinating referral services with other medical practitioners and medical facilities.
7. Coordinates services in a positive and collaborative manner with all Yellowhawk departments.
8. Reviews all secondary referrals to ensure they are medically appropriate and within current Purchased/Referred Care priority guidelines.
9. Works within approved budget constraints.
10. Adheres to HIPAA guidelines at all times.
11. Participates in the development of departmental goals and objectives.
12. Serves as a liaison and advisor to other professional personnel regarding patients and programming issues.
13. Provides specialty services and clinics per program directives and needs; and assists with the training and education of patients, Health Commission members, Yellowhawk employees and student interns.
14. Participates in a variety of meetings and committees including, but not limited to, Pharmacy and Therapeutic (P&T) committee meetings, Diabetic Team meetings, staff meetings, Quality Improvement Project Team (QIPT) meetings, multi-disciplinary case management meetings. Serves on additional committees as necessary.
15. Ensures continued compliance with Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC) standards by providing an active, peer-based program of quality assurance and quality improvement.
16. Maintains records in compliance with professional, federal and other applicable guidelines; assures compliance with all accrediting agencies and with Yellowhawk policies and procedures.
17. Reviews and recommends new and revised program policies and procedures.
18. Provides investigation and feedback to the Risk Management Department.
19. Other related duties as assigned.