Would you like to help make a difference, enjoy excellent benefits, and join a fast-growing company? We might have a job for you.
We are looking for dedicated VP, Finance and Business Services who shares our passion for helping others to join the I Am Boundless, Inc. team!
Boundless is fast growing CQL- and CARF- accredited nonprofit organization with nearly 40 years of expertise. We are focused on supporting people with complex needs associated with intellectual and developmental disabilities and/or behavioral health challenges.
Working for Boundless has many perks. We treat our team like family and offer advantages that allow you to focus, thrive, and grow.
Enjoy excellent benefits such as medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, a flexible spending plan, legalshield, and generous paid time off. Looking to develop your skills? Boundless can offer you hard to find training, flexibility, and personal and professional opportunities.
The VP, Finance & Business Services, is responsible for a portfolio of essential services to Boundless and our affiliated agencies and is an integral member of the Boundless Executive Team. This position sets the vision for the Boundless Finance, Revenue/Reimbursement, Maintenance, and Transportation departments and provides leadership and coordination of company financial planning, debt financing, and budget management. This job requires strong analytical and technical abilities and demands fast, but carefully thought-out results. Strong leadership and control of the work process from beginning to end is necessary. The job centers around developing new ideas, systems and technology, and analyzing and improving on old ones. A high level of expertise is expected and the ability to spot and correct errors is important. Work must be done right and quickly, while always focusing on accomplishing the goal and demanding the highest quality work from co-workers and subordinates. Interest and energy focuses primarily on the work at hand, with negligible inclination for small talk or social involvement. The broad scope of the job demands a factual, direct and authoritative style of communication. Decision-making, though swift, is very calculated and singular, with little reliance on consensus or collaborating opinions.
- In collaboration with other executive staff, leadership team, and skilled and trusted departmental employees, develops, implements, operates, maintains, and controls the essential operating systems, information, and financial & business services of the company.
- Assists executive and leadership teams in financial planning and results management.
- Analyzes company's financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs and compliance with the organization’s strategy.
- Defines and implements key performance indicators and strategic objectives for the divisions and, as appropriate, the entire organization. Facilitates measurement of those objectives, reporting results to the executive team.
- Provides strategic guidance around financing options to support company growth needs.
- Drafts and implements policies and best practices to support achievement of objectives and required standards.
- Creates business plans for new products, services, and markets.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, local, and organizational laws, regulations, guidelines, and best practices, including but not limited to tax laws, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), federal acquisition regulations (FAR), and cost accounting standards (CAS).
- Maintains knowledge of developments and trends in finance and administration including technological advances.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Financial Management.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Business Acumen.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Technical Capacity.
- Performance Management.
- Detail Oriented.
This position is directly responsible managing Finance Director, Revenue/Reimbursement Director, Maintenance Director, and Transportation Director.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time executive level positions requiring performance as necessary to accomplish the required duties. Generally, hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., but occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected on occasion.