|As a research and action think tank, Center for Policing Equity (CPE) produces analyses identifying the causes of racial disparities in law enforcement and advocates for large-scale and meaningful change. Using evidence-based approaches to social justice, we use data to create levers for social, cultural and policy change.
We are research scientists, race and equity experts, data virtuosos, and community trainers.
We use data to build a more fair and just system.
We partner with law enforcement and communities. Our aim is to bridge the divide of communication, generational mistrust, and suffering.
But most of all, we are the path that science can forge towards public safety, community trust, and racial equity.
Location: SLC, NY, DC, LA, Denver preferred; Flexible for the right candidate
About the Center for Policing Equity
The Center for Policing Equity uses evidence-based approaches to social justice problems and conducts research to create levers for social, cultural, and policy change.
The VP of Law Enforcement Initiatives (LEI) reports to the Senior Vice President of Justice Initiatives and oversees relationship building and management for CPE's National Justice Database (NJD) and COMPSTAT for Justice (C4J) law enforcement partners. The NJD and C4J initiatives leverage data from the first and largest standardized database on police behavior in the country (e.g., vehicle stops, pedestrian stops, use of force, calls for service) to promote fair and equitable public safety outcomes for communities.
The VP of LEI will oversee the strategic vision for the Law Enforcement Initiatives team, which is responsible for stewarding relationships with all NJD and C4J police partners and acquiring their data for analysis. Relying on their law enforcement expertise and leadership skills, the VP of LEI will develop the strategic vision for the Accounts Management & Implementation (AMI) program. The VP of LEI is also responsible for personnel management for the AMI team, as well as active participation in inter-program collaboration with leaders across the Account Management & Implementation, Data-Driven Interventions, Product Discovery, C4J Implementation, and Field Engagement programs.
- Develop a national strategy for recruiting new departments for these initiatives and overseeing execution of strategic plan in collaboration with Field Engagement and Ops/Finance
- Set an internal training curricula to ensure that relationship managers and data acquisition specialists are effectively engaging with law enforcement partners per the strategic vision
- Provide thought partnership in the creation of an evaluative framework to track whether NJD/C4J recommendations are adopted within departments in collaboration with the Data-Driven Interventions program
- Collaborate with the Product Discovery, Data-Driven Interventions, and Science teams to share gathered feedback in order to improve the service delivery model by providing feedback to the NJD Chiefs.
- Engage with Chiefs and senior law enforcement personnel to determine efficacy of relationship management efforts
- Keen ability to set the strategic vision within the program and across the organization
- Deep understanding of how work connects across programs
- Can manage change within a team
- Expertise in area and trust in judgment (can make trusted recommendations) with support from SVP
- Can solve complex problems and provide innovative solutions
- Personnel management/development experience
- Strong commitment to social justice, specifically racial justice
- Minimum 5 years experience working in senior law enforcement role
- Experience managing diverse teams and complex projects
- Experience developing strategy and change management approaches for organizations
Application Submission Guidelines
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. To apply, please submit the following materials: