|As a research and action think tank, Center for Policing Equity (CPE) produces analyses identifying the causes of racial disparities in law enforcement and advocates for large-scale and meaningful change. Using evidence-based approaches to social justice, we use data to create levers for social, cultural and policy change.
We are research scientists, race and equity experts, data virtuosos, and community trainers.
We use data to build a more fair and just system.
We partner with law enforcement and communities. Our aim is to bridge the divide of communication, generational mistrust, and suffering.
But most of all, we are the path that science can forge towards public safety, community trust, and racial equity.
Location: Denver; Flexible for the right candidate
About the Center for Policing Equity
The Center for Policing Equity uses evidence-based approaches to social justice problems and conducts research to create levers for social, cultural, and policy change.
The Center for Policing Equity (CPE) is looking for a skilled practitioner to serve as the Senior Director of Compstat for Justice (C4J) with an unwavering passion for social justice issues. This position will report to the Senior Vice President of Justice Initiatives. The Senior Director of C4J will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of CPE’s C4J service delivery model. C4J is a new initiative aimed at providing statistical analyses and strategic guidance to law enforcement agencies (LEAs) in support of their efforts to reduce racial disparities in policing outcomes.
This position requires 5 years of experience in executive leadership and strategic consulting. Under the supervision of the SVP of Justice Initiatives, the Senior Director of C4J will support Law Enforcement Chiefs' ability to: 1. build broad and effective coalitions of stakeholders; 2. address concerns and achieve legitimacy with communities; 3. understand data and its role in informing strategy and practice for a reduction in racial disparities; 4. identify and resolve risks to strategic plans and the CPE brand, and 5. employ best practices for change management. The C4J Senior Director must also be an effective leader and manage the C4J team, helping them to obtain the necessary resources and information to effectively execute their responsibilities. It is also necessary that the Senior Director ensure that C4J clients experience a smooth customer journey and have an optimal experience engaging with CPE and the C4J program.
- Translate research findings into recommendations, strategy, and change management practices for departments to employ
- Act as a subject matter resource in regards to racial equity, policing, and community engagement
- Elicit cooperation and agreement amongst parties that historically struggle to actively and efficiently collaborate with one another (e.g. community, police officers, political actors)
- Collaborate with police departments to develop work programs, timelines, and planning documentation.
- Ensure high-quality client service by directing daily progress of fieldwork, informing departments of engagement status, and managing staff performance
- Demonstrate the ability to understand complex public service systems.
- Inspire teamwork and responsibility and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services.
- Escalate and resolve areas of concern as raised by clients and proactively provide solutions to ameliorate concerns
- Coordinate internal resources to ensure effective service with clients and to ensure needs are met
- Monitor CPEs performance against service level agreements and (proactively) flag potential issues
- Work closely with the Product Discovery team to formatively evaluate and improve the C4J program
- Triage special requests made for C4J services that fall outside of traditional program service deliverables
- Strong working knowledge of criminal justice systems and police organizations
- Demonstrated legitimacy with vulnerable communities
- Demonstrated experience with strategy consulting and designing data-driven intervention
- Demonstrated ability to use data to inform strategy and practice
- Experience with managing organization-wide strategies and change management plans
- Deep understanding of issues of structural racism and racial discrimination in the US
- Experience working on the issue of social and racial justice
- Demonstrated critical thinking to navigate and solve complex problems and client relationships
- Keen ability to set the strategic vision setting within program
- Expertise in area and trust in judgment (can make trusted recommendations) with support from SVP
- Experience managing and developing diverse teams
- Bachelors required; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience working in either non-profit/strategy consulting or the design of interventions to advance social justice
Application Submission Guidelines
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. To apply, please submit the following materials: