Essential Functions of the Job:
• Assists with ADL’s, provides direct care to residents, following the resident's assessment and ISP as necessary.
• Gives or assists with personal cares including but not limited to hygiene, oral care, showers, sponge baths, tub baths, shampoos and sets, nail and skin care.
• Assists with toileting as necessary, including care of incontinent residents.
• Demonstrates interpersonal skills to successfully interact with residents, families, visitors, co-workers, and community and government agencies.
• Supervises or assists resident with taking medications and develops a working knowledge of medications and possible side effects.
• Takes vital signs as directed by Manager or Shift Leader.
• Reports observations to Manager or Shift Leaders and documents appropriately.
• Maintains confidentiality of resident’s records including identity, behavior and medical conditions.
• Maintains a clean and safe working environment, including performing house cleaning duties
• Washes, folds and puts away laundry, distributes to appropriate residents. Ensure residents names are on all clothing, towels, sets, socks, and etc at all times.
• Arranges and assists with leisure activities as shown on activity board and encourages resident participation.
• Assists with restorative activity, ambulation, range of motion as instructed by the Administrators or Shift Leaders
Experience and Training Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Certification in Standard Precautions (training provided)
- Certification in First Aid and Choking (training provided)
- Certification in Fire Safety Training (training provided)
- Medication and Diabetic certification (training provided)
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.