Bolton & Menk has great opportunity for a Transportation Design Engineer (EIT) to join our Transportation Work Group in our Ramsey office.
In this role you will work with project engineers and managers to complete transportation and traffic studies and designs, including corridor management plans, traffic signal and roadway lighting plans, geometric design, and design of transportation improvements.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Complete preliminary layout and design of transportation improvement projects including highway, roadway and intersections, trails and sidewalk systems, and transit facilities
- Collect, analyze, and summarize transportation and related data as directed
- Research and prepare drafts of preliminary reports and traffic studies
- Prepare cost estimates
- Design traffic signals, roundabouts, and other intersection types
- Perform modeling
- Assist with the preparation of engineering plans, specifications and reports
- Perform effective technical writing and correspondence
- Travel periodically to work sites and other project related locations; perform construction observation and documentation of projects in the field
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited post-secondary institution and have successfully passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (Engineer Intern) exam. Other requirements include:
- Engineer-In-Training Certification (or ability to receive in 12 months)
- Minimum three (3) months of experience in either infrastructure design and/or construction observation.
- Must be capable of working in extended outdoor conditions and you must be physically capable of navigating rugged terrain for the purpose of performing the construction observation duties outlined above.
- Must have academic experience or on the job experience with Microstation and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Must possess basic MS Office skills including Word and Excel.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and your own transportation. You will be reimbursed for business-related travel.
- Ability to actively listen to others for understanding of their needs and situations; ability to read, speak and write English clearly is required. This position interacts with City staff, City residents, contractors and sub-contractors.
- Experience in Transportation or Traffic Engineering
- Knowledge of traffic studies and data analysis
- Knowledge of highway design standards, construction methods, and materials
- Knowledge of traffic operations theory and practice
- Working knowledge and skills in ArcGIS software
WHY BOLTON & MENK?
Work with a creative and hardworking team, who believe in client satisfaction and building relationships. For over 70 years Bolton & Menk, Inc. has served public and private clients in the Upper Midwest with comprehensive planning, design and construction engineering and surveying services. The employees at Bolton & Menk are seeking hard working and ambitious co-workers to join us to deliver tomorrow’s leading infrastructure projects. Bolton & Menk is employee-owned, is ranked among ENR’s Top 500 Design Firms and is a Top 150 Workplace in Minnesota. With over 550 employees and 21 offices in Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota and North Dakota, there are always new challenges and career development opportunities available.
At Bolton & Menk, we value our people and provide an exceptional Total Compensation and Benefits Package to protect our most valuable asset. We are committed to the well-being of our employees and their families. Perks of being a Bolton & Menk employee include peace of mind with our benefits package and competitive compensation plan, flexible schedules and career development opportunities. Learn more here: https://www.bolton-menk.com/careers
We're Social! Connect with us on Twitter @BoltonandMenk or on Facebook at BoltonandMenk
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bolton & Menk does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party agencies in response to Bolton & Menk job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team.
Bolton & Menk, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.