GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Supportive Living Companion works under immediate supervision, provides individually tailored services and activities within the consumer's home and community; ensures services are delivered as designed to assist in acquiring, retaining, and improving the consumer's self-help, socialization, and adaptive skills and activities that relate directly to active treatment, goals, and objectives; reports incidents to appropriate contact(s);completes activity logs that occur during the work time frame as linked to the person centered plan objectives; provides other documents as required; and maintains compliance with required personnel documents.
SHIFT: MONDAY, TUESDAY, THURSDAY AND FRIDAY 8:00AM TO 12:00PM (16 HOURS)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides services and activities to the consumer within their home and community as determined by goals and objectives in a person centered plan.
2. Trains and supports individual in independent living skills, home management skills, cooking, cleaning, socialization, including supported employment in the community, and other identified skills needed to foster independence.
3. Follows procedures within 24 hours for incidents identified according to Department of Human Services policy.
4. Completes activity logs that occur during the work time frame as identified within the person centered plan objectives.
5. For any change affecting the individual, reports, as applicable, any change affecting the individual receiving services.
6. If necessary, ensures the consumer is reminded when it is necessary to take and/or refill medication.
7. Completes and provides documents as required.
8. Meets initial and on-going annual training requirements.
9. Maintains compliance with required personnel documents.
10. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.