HIRING FOR EVENINGS (2PM TO 10:30PM)
We Offer a Competitive Wage and Benefits to Eligible Employees that Include:
Insurance (health, dental, vision, life, short-term disability, accident)
401k (with company match)
Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
Paid Time Off
• Current state licensure as a Practical Nurse, which must be in good standing
• CPR certified
• Must be literate and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Clinical experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse preferred
COGNITIVE OR MENTAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB
Is required to analyze data, remember and recall multiple policies and procedures. Must have organizational skills, ability to revise and implement the plan of care and observe record and report on patient/resident status. Must be able to demonstrate multiple priorities and the ability to direct and evaluate the activities of others.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION
Monitors performance of Nursing Assistants.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB
See attached Description of Physical Demands for this position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB, DEPARTMENTAL EXPECTATIONS
1. Data Collection: Performs initial data collection on all patients/residents and follows up on data collection as per policy.
2. Implementation: Participates in implementing age and developmentally appropriate plan of care as developed by the Registered Nurse within established policies and procedures and continually works to meet individual patient/resident needs.
3. Medication Administration: Demonstrates knowledge of medications/treatments and their correct administration based on age of the patient/resident and their clinical condition. Follows the 5 Rights of Medication Administration. Observes, documents and reports patient/resident responses to medications.
4. Patient/Resident/Family Education: Follows patient/resident, family and caregiver education plan of care as developed by the Registered Nurse, clearly communicates information and documents patient/resident response to education.
5. Documentation: Documents according to current standards and policies.
6. Discharge Planning: Plans for patient/resident discharge, collaborates with the Registered Nurse and discharge planners for long and short term patient/resident needs.
7. Coordination/Direction: Coordinates and directs patient/resident care appropriately. Performs charge nurse duties as assigned.
8. Other duties: Completes all other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS OF THE EMPLOYEE
It is the expectation that the employee complies with applicable standards of behavior and conduct, including but not limited to, standards of conduct, customer services standards, and professional code of ethics.