Duties and Responsibilities
• Meets with Agency and coordinates services as require by contract and always with an eye toward exceeding expectations.
• Oversees the recruiting, training, scheduling, and supervision of all personnel including disciplinary actions and terminations when appropriate and per policy. Maintains the highest level of safety training and awareness for all personnel. Responsible for monthly meetings and annual reviews. Responsible for pay rate recommendations.
• Creates staff work schedules per labor budget, season, weather and activity levels. Utilize Core services team to optimize this schedule.
• Prepares annual operating budget and monitors progress of actual versus projected figures on a monthly basis. Investigates negative deviations and sets and monitors objectives to correct.
• Maintains proper controls for safeguarding assets, including but not limited to fixtures, displays, merchandise, inventory and equipment.
• Routinely inspects and ensures an above average appearance for all property areas.
• Understands and complies with government regulations pertaining to operation. This includes but is not limited to weights and measures, County Sheriff, OSHA, EPA and Labor Departments. Maintains a professional relationship with all agencies, contractors, vendors, and customers.
• Ensures and takes appropriate action for the proper maintenance of all property equipment. Follows or develops a routine preventative maintenance program.
• Ensures the safety of guests and employees. Trains employees in the safe use of equipment including fire equipment and extinguishers. Understands and complies with Fire Prevention Program. Monitors physical facility on a daily basis to ensure proper safety environment. Maintains accurate and current OSHA records.
• Follows and ensures accurate accounting procedures including but not limited to controlling cash, closing and balancing cash registers, and processing credit card transactions, and overseeing payables and receivables. Reviews results in GL and Income Statements with analytical tools and provides precise variance reports to Regional VP.
• Communicates efficiently and timely with management through email and/or voice mail. GTM and video conferencing will be required.
• Ensures prompt, safe and courteous service to all guests. Resolves guest disputes in a diplomatic consistent manner as developed by management.
• Establishes capital expenditure budgets and secures competitive bids for all major purchases. Maintains subcontract controls as required by Concession Agreement and ensures the satisfactory performance of subs to commitments made.
• Maintain and protect the confidentiality of all data/information related to specific job assignments and Basecamp Hospitality in general.
• Be a willing member of Basecamp Hospitality, performing all duties and functions as assigned to the best of his/her ability.
• Must have a clear background check
• Ten years (minimum) previous full-time management experience that includes direction of personnel, accounting and related budgeting activities, inventory control, advertising, and customer relations.
• Demonstrated skills in supervision, budget development and management, staff development, maintenance system development and management.
• Must possess a valid Driver's License with a clean 3-year history and no DUI convictions in the past 10 years.
Must have a minimum of five years managing a marina.
Must have a minimum of five years managing dry campsite and RV Parks
Must have a minimum of five years managing lodging.
Must be proficient in the use of standard MSOffice software including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Must be able to work on weekends and holidays.
• Recreation/resort/hospitality experience but will consider other property management experience.
• Bachelor's degree in hospitality/recreation field preferred
• General management of all aspects of operations within budgetary guidelines in an efficient, cost effective and creative manner.
• Oversee all operations holding manager/supervisors to set standards and goals.
• Recruit, hire, motivate and lead the core team of hands-on department managers
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
The General Manager will use various tools and equipment on a daily basis. Footwear required shall be a work boot or a high-quality leather shoe providing ankle support. No open toe sandals or flip flops are allowed on the job. Protective guards shall be required for all appropriate occasions: including gloves, goggles, galoshes, masks, long pants, and long sleeve shirts according to the nature of the task. The General Manager will be knowledgeable in the safety practices and standards set by the company, relative to the work environment he/she operates in. He/she will also make it a duty to assure that all co-workers are working with those same safety practices and standards.
Physical requirements: O-Occasional (1-33%), F-Frequent (35-66%), C-Continuous (67-100%)
1) Standing-F 6) Pushing-O 11) Kneeling-O 16) Hearing-C
2) Walking-F 7) Pulling-O 12) Crouching-O 17) Seeing-C
3) Sitting-O 8) Climbing-O 13) Reaching-F 18) Depth Percep-F
4) Lifting– F 50# max 9) Balancing-O 15) Handling-F 19) Color Vision-F
5) Carrying- F 50# max 10) Stooping-O 16) Speaking-C
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Basecamp Hospitality is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is currently not accepting applications.
To search for an open position, please go to http://TheCaliforniaParksCompany.appone.com