|As a research and action think tank, Center for Policing Equity (CPE) produces analyses identifying the causes of racial disparities in law enforcement and advocates for large-scale and meaningful change. Using evidence-based approaches to social justice, we use data to create levers for social, cultural and policy change.
We are research scientists, race and equity experts, data virtuosos, and community trainers.
We use data to build a more fair and just system.
We partner with law enforcement and communities. Our aim is to bridge the divide of communication, generational mistrust, and suffering.
But most of all, we are the path that science can forge towards public safety, community trust, and racial equity.
East Coast, New York or DC preferred; Remote for the right candidate
About the Center for Policing Equity:
The Center for Policing Equity (CPE) uses evidence-based approaches to social justice problems and conducts research to create levers for social, cultural, and policy change. We work with police and communities to change the policies and procedures that perpetuate bias in policing and use our Data-Driven Interventions (DDI’s) to equip law enforcement and communities to address racial bias systematically. We also focus on leveraging technology to analyze data on police stops, searches, arrests, and use of force to measure disparities and reveal patterns of unjust outcomes.
Under the direction of the Senior Director of Development, the Major Gifts Officer (MGO) is responsible for developing and managing relationships with assigned donors who have made gifts or with capacity to give between $10,000 and $100,000 annually. The MGO will plan, coordinate, and implement donor engagement strategies to engage and solicit high-net-worth individuals nationwide.
In addition to stewarding current donor relationships, the MGO is responsible for actively sourcing and developing new high-net-worth donors and prospects, including individuals, foundations, and corporations. The MGO will also establish and implement cultivation events and exclusive donor engagement opportunities to strengthen ties with major donors and prospects.
- Initiate and cultivate one-to-one relationships with major donors and prospects that enhance their connection and lifetime loyalty to CPE.
- Secure new or increased gifts for CPE’s annual campaign and longer-term initiative efforts.
- Design highly customized donor engagement plans for assigned donors in collaboration with the Development department and other CPE departments.
- Develop a volunteer management plan that leverages resources and compliments a variety of volunteer strengths and opportunities in prospecting, cultivating, soliciting, and strategic planning.
- Ensure the creation and implementation of a personalized donor recognition program.
- Integrate planned giving options into donor relationship development activities.
- Maintain and capture critical donor information utilizing CPE’s donor relations management (CRM) system
- Assist in new prospect research and identification.
- Participate in the development and implementation of segment strategies as required for one-to-one donor relationship building; provide statistical analysis and market evaluation as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree is highly desirable.
- Minimum 7 years of major gifts leadership experience
- Experience in the development and implementation of a broad based fundraising program including personally cultivating and successfully closing 6- and 7-figure major gifts.
- Cultural competency and a track record of working effectively with people from diverse backgrounds; commitment to participating in both individual and organizational work on equity, inclusion, and anti-oppression.
- Experience in grant writing and project management
- Willingness to network outside of normal business hours through fundraising dinners, community events, conferences, and one-to-one meetings with high-net-worth individuals.
- Proficient with GSuite, project management tools and donor databases, and quick to learn new technology and tools.
- Must be able to successfully manage multiple priorities and demonstrate confidence working with corporate and community leaders.
- Must be able to exercise initiative, good judgment, flexibility, discretion, and solid decision making.
- Demonstrated commitment to criminal justice reform; a background in fundraising for a think tank or data-focused mission is a plus.
- Existing relationships with the types of funders who support criminal or social justice work a plus.
- Life Insurance
- Pet Care
- Generous Vacation
- Sick Pay
- Paid Holidays
Application Submission Guidelines:
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Please submit the following materials to apply:
Please be sure to label each PDF file by including your name. For example, your submitted CV should be labeled, “LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME.CV.pdf.”