As a leading manufacturer and distributor of medical supplies and equipment for healthcare simulation and education, Pocket Nurse provides solutions and services that create hands-on learning experiences for the next generation of healthcare professionals. Our small business philosophy is, 'Use your best judgement every day.' Not only do we give team members the guidance and tools to succeed, we give them autonomy to do their best for the company to succeed.
The Temporary Distribution Center Associate is responsible to assist with the activities of the day-to-day operations of the Distribution Center by performing a variety of duties related to assembly, picking and packing.
This position requires adherence to well-defined work processes where repeatable results are needed. The work requires attention to detail and work output should be high quality with correct results, time and time again. The work can be accomplished by working at a steady, even pace with consistency and familiarity from one day to the next.
Key Responsibilities and other duties as assigned:
- Becomes knowledgeable in the Distribution Center layout and picking zones to locate products.
- Reads and fills customer orders based on assigned picking waves using RFID scanners.
- Records items and quantities associated to appropriate picking bins.
- Assembles and arranges sub-packs and bundled items including packaging small items into appropriately labeled zip-lock bags in preparation for the assembly of kits.
- Assembles health totes to be packaged and shipped according to uniform client and standard specifications.
- Verifies and confirms accuracy of picked orders.
- Seals, labels and applies packing slip to each box properly for shipment.
- Creates and affixes shipping labels to packages prior to loading for shipment.
- Loads and properly stacks packages by hand onto a truck for shipping while maintaining the stability of boxes to prevent damage.
- Responsible for ensuring picking bins are gathered and restocked.
- Ensures packing supplies are replenished and stocked.
- Maintains excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment, including adhering to and understanding OSHA safety policies and regulations.
- This position has no supervisor responsibilities.
- High school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.) and prior experience a plus.
Skills and Experience:
- Must be available to work Monday-Friday 7:00AM-3:30PM and overtime as required.
- Attendance and punctuality are critical to the success of this position.
- Ability to retain information and training and properly apply the knowledge.
- Basic math skills including the ability to count, add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Experience with RFID scanners and Warehouse Management Systems a plus.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive wages.
- Paid holidays.
- The opportunity to make a difference in the ever-growing healthcare field.
Physical and Cognitive Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. No employee is authorized to lift and/or move weight over 50 pounds without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
This role requires the individual to be able to understand, remember, apply and communicate routine information; apply common sense and make routine decisions; communicate interactively and understand and follow oral and written instructions; and use basic mathematical skills including counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing.
Pocket Nurse is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Information is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check (including criminal record check).