This is your opportunity to join the Woodland Park Zoo as a Custodian. There is one full-time, regular, benefited position available.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cleans restrooms, facilities, and offices in assigned buildings and building areas.
- Gathers and disposes of trash and wastes; replenishes restroom supplies; washes walls and windows, dusts furniture, polishes metal work.
- Collects and recycles paper to reduce disposal costs; monitors volume, checks for contaminants and initiates removal or regrading.
- Cleans lighting fixtures, windows, windowsills, screens, tops of windows, doorframes, and other high areas.
- Cleans, waxes and polishes floors. Operates mechanical cleaners, polishers or other specialized floor care equipment.
- Assists in moving furniture and other objects on occasional basis.
- Sweeps outside areas and sidewalks, removes trash around buildings, and sets bags for pick-up.
- Performs basic maintenance on equipment (such as belts).
- Reports evidence of damage and vandalism.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work as part of a team or individually.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
- Valid Washington State Driver's License and a safe driving history is required.
- Commitment to the mission of the zoo and the institution’s Core Values.
Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment varies.
Read the full job description here.
Pay: $16.39 per hour, plus benefits.
Applicants must be at least 18 years old and have a valid WA driver's license (or the ability to obtain a WA driver's license within 30 days of hire). A criminal background check, driving record review, and pre-employment physical will be required of the selected applicant.
Application Directions: Applications are accepted online through our Jobs Page at zoo.org/jobs; no other forms of application will be accepted. Resume/work history is required when applying. Cover letter is optional, but strongly recommended.
Application Deadline: Applications accepted until the position is filled.
Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.
Woodland Park Zoo is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in all of its services. If you need accommodation in the application or interview process, please contact our recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.