Are you looking for a fun and exciting position as an RN? We are actively seeking an RN for our Ophthalmology practice. This part-time, non-exempt, non-benefit-eligible casual position may work up to 32 hours per week.
Associated Eye Care is a multi-specialty group practice providing surgical services and vision care for all ages. We have five locations spanning the eastern Twin Cities of Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Associated Eye Care is dedicated to preserving a lifetime of vision for our patients through our uncompromising commitment to quality care and personal service.
Associated Eye Care is currently seeking a casual Registered Nurse - Pre-Op. This position is responsible for the delivery of optimum quality care to patients while in the Pre-Op and Post-Op area of the Ambulatory Surgery Center. This is a casual position; candidates must be willing and able to work flexible hours.
- Assesses physical, psychological, spiritual, cultural, educational and developmental dimensions of the patient from pre-op phone call through patient discharge, and provides written documentation of these findings
- Assesses & documents patient condition and responses to nursing and/or medical interventions & communicates the information to the appropriate persons
- Assesses patient needs based on pre-op phone call information, scheduled surgical procedure, and physician preferences
- Assesses supply & equipment needs for pain management procedure, patient needs, and physician preferences
- Develops an individualized plan of care based on nursing assessment, medical and nursing diagnoses, knowledge of specific illnesses, injuries, diseases, surgical procedures and appropriate standards of care
- Collaborates with other disciplines and departments to maximize patient outcomes and effect a smooth flow of the perioperative experience
- Plans and utilizes resources efficiently to complete the daily schedule in a timely manner while providing safe and individualized patient care
- Provides care and supplies based on individualized plan of care, identified needs and in a timely, efficient and safe manner. Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of special needs for various age groups including adult and geriatric when providing resources for the perioperative experience
- Functions within the limits of the MN Nurse Practice Act, State and Federal Laws, HPSC, Pre-Op/PACU Department philosophies, policies and procedures and standards of care. Labels and administers medications and solutions as ordered. Applies principles of aseptic technique, standard and transmission precautions
- Functions effectively in emergency situations and when under stress
- Monitors patients utilizing sound nursing judgment and competent knowledge of equipment based on policies and procedures from patient admission to dismissal
- Provides emotional support and comfort for patients/family members, informs family of patient status, and provides patient/family education
- Assists with procedures (i.e. pain management, blocks, conscious sedation)
- Follows proper channels of communication and informs department managers of unit activity, patient condition, and personnel concerns
- Reassesses, evaluates and revises the implementation of the plan of care to meet the changing needs of the patient. Responds appropriately to changes in the patient's condition and/or behavior
- Chart completion with utilization of correct abbreviations as noted in policy
Other Essential Functions
- Must be willing and able to adjust schedule depending upon needs of the company.
- Must present self at the workstation, ready for work, at the scheduled time
- Participates in department and company meetings, as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
Job Type: Casual
Associated Eye Care is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
|We are an equal employment opportunity - Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.