This is your opportunity to join Woodland Park Zoo as a Security Officer. There is one regular, full-time, benefited position available at this time.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure the safety of visitors and staff.
- Patrol grounds on foot, on a bicycle, or in vehicle including parking lots and associated parks for property damage and potential safety hazards.
- Provide general assistance and first aid to zoo visitors and staff.
- EMT certified Security Officers provide advance medical evaluation and assistance. They also teach annual First Aid, CPR and First Responder training to staff.
- Check security of facilities overnight, including perimeter, buildings and equipment.
- Serve as point of contact for Security System monitoring company.
- Enforce zoo rules and regulations, city codes.
- Investigate incidents and write reports.
- Maintain accident/incident report and daily security report files.
- Work with SFD and SPD on incidents and investigations.
- Serve on zoo Emergency Response Team and participate in zoo emergency drills.
- Frequent, consistent use of zoo radio system.
- Responsible for maintenance, upkeep and distribution of zoo radio system.
- Maintain records for both radio and security systems.
When we’ll need you:
- This is a regular, full-time, benefited opportunity.
- This position is for 10 hour, overnight shifts and may include weekends, holidays, or alternate hours to accommodate special events.
What you bring:
- Good customer service skills.
- The ability to keep calm and think clearly in stressful situations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to work well as part of a team and independently.
- Valid WA state driver’s license with a safe driving history.
- Ability to ride a bicycle is a plus.
- CPR/First Aid Certification required.
- OC Pepper Spray, Handcuffing & Defensive Tactics Certification preferred.
- Commitment to the mission of the zoo and the institution’s Core Values.
Want to know more? Read the full job description here!
Pay: $23.52 per hour, plus benefits.
Applicants must be at least 18 years old and have a valid WA driver's license (or the ability to obtain a WA driver's license within 30 days of hire). A criminal background check, driving record review, and pre-employment physical will be required of the selected applicants.
Application Directions: Applications are accepted online through our Jobs Page at zoo.org/jobs; no other forms of application will be accepted. Resume/work history is required when applying. Cover letter is optional, but strongly recommended.
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.
Woodland Park Zoo is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in all of its services. If you need accommodation in the application or interview process, please contact our recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.