As a leading manufacturer and distributor of medical supplies and equipment for healthcare simulation and education, Pocket Nurse provides solutions and services that create hands-on learning experiences for the next generation of healthcare professionals. Our small business philosophy is, 'Use your best judgement every day.' Not only do we give team members the guidance and tools to succeed, we give them autonomy to do their best for the company to succeed.
Do you want to use your skills and talents to make a difference in the healthcare industry? We are currently looking for a Temporary Data Entry Assistant to support our Purchasing team with a short-term project. This supporting role will help to ensure complete and accurate product information is entered and maintained for the project.
The focus of this job is producing high quality, detailed work based on established standards and procedures. Precise, consistent work output is essential requiring patience and willingness to handle and complete one task at a time. The job environment promotes steady, methodical work output so duties can be done on time and error-free.
Key Responsibilities and other duties as assigned:
- Utilizes Microsoft Excel and the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system to enter data accurately and timely.
- Gathers and tracks information and creates progress reports based on the data and timelines provided.
- Conducts research on vendors and products.
- Assists with communication via phone calls and emails with internal teams and external vendors.
- Provides additional administrative support for the project based on requests, priorities and time availability.
- Maintains excellent attendance and punctuality Monday-Friday.
- This position has no supervisor responsibilities.
- High school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.) and 1 year of related data entry experience.
Skills and Experience:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products primarily Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Computer and typing skills including a high level of accuracy and speed.
- Quality driven with an attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and use critical thinking skills to identify potential concerns.
- Friendly, professional, and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Organizational and planning skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive wages.
- Paid holidays.
- The opportunity to make a difference in the ever-growing healthcare field.
Physical and Cognitive Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear; requires close vision. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. No employee is authorized to lift weight over 50 pounds without assistance.
This role requires the individual to be able to understand, remember, apply and communicate routine information and problems, and collaborate and explore alternative solutions; organize and prioritize thoughts, ideas, and own work schedule; apply common sense, analyze and make routine decisions which have moderate impact on the immediate work unit; express written and spoken word for internal and external communications, understand, interpret and follow written and oral instructions, and complete routine and basic forms, letters and reports; and use basic mathematical skills including the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and to record, balance and check results for accuracy.
Pocket Nurse is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Information is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check (including criminal record check).