Do you love working with children? Come help us make a difference by shaping the future of our students! At Endeavor Schools, we are passionate about unleashing individual potential, so the children we serve thrive!
Endeavor Schools is a stable growing family of private schools committed to creating a better education for a better world. Through optimal teaching and learning environments, we seek to engage families and team members to surface their hopes and dreams for education and provide our schools with the tools and resources to transform those ideas into reality.
As part of the Endeavor Schools Family, The Children’s Garden private preschools (with 2 locations in portland, OR), believe that where a child learns has a direct impact on how well a child learns.
Our beautiful new Children’s Garden Preschool - Portland, OR, is currently seeking a Kitchen (Chef) Assistant / School Cook to join our team. If you are a motivated self-starter with a positive and upbeat “can do” attitude looking to work with an energetic and collaborative group of educators, join our team and help us shape the future!
Job responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the ordering and menu planning weekly.
- Ability to cook home-made, nutritious meals under the supervision of our Kitchen Manager (Chef)
- Clean and sanitize work areas, equipment, and utensils.
- Properly store and handle food by adhering to food safety policies and procedures.
- Job requirements include:
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: Minimum 1 plus years of experience cooking in a healthcare setting or school environment.
- Food Managers Certification (or willing to get it upon hiring).
- Time management skills.
- Able to lift 40 lbs. or more.
- Attend all staff meetings and special events as required.
- Excellent communication, customer service, and problem-solving skills, including the ability to maintain composure under stress.
In addition to an engaging and dynamic work environment that promotes professional development and self-growth, we offer a lot of perks too: medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) retirement savings plan, short-term disability, life insurance, flexible paid time off, education scholarships, and faculty tuition discounts for eligible employees.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a workplace free of harassment and discrimination. At Endeavor Schools, we strive to inspire and draw out the best in each other by celebrating our differences. All aspects of consideration for employment with Endeavor Schools are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.