Would you like to help make a difference, enjoy excellent benefits, and join a fast-growing company? We might have a job for you. We are looking for a Direct Support Professional who shares our passion for helping others to join the I Am Boundless, Inc. team! Boundless is a fast-growing CQL- and CARF- accredited nonprofit organization with nearly 40 years of expertise. We are focused on supporting people with complex needs associated with intellectual and developmental disabilities and behavioral health challenges to live a Boundless life.
As a part of Boundless, our DSP team members help to provide programs, services, and supports to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and behavioral health challenges. At Boundless, we value the person-centered approach to care celebrates each individual and encourages them to become active participants in the communities where they live, work, and play. Our mission is to inspire the potential of people. We invite you to become a part of our Boundless team. Join us and see the change happen.
Working for Boundless has many perks. Not only do we inspire the potential of those we serve, but those that are members of the Boundless team!?We treat our team like family and offer advantages that allow you to focus, thrive, and grow. Enjoy excellent benefits such as medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, a flexible spending plan, LegalShield, and generous paid time off. Are you looking to develop your skills? Boundless can offer you hard to find training, flexibility, and personal and professional opportunities.
Working for Boundless has many perks. We treat our team like family and offer advantages that allow you to focus, thrive, and grow. Enjoy excellent benefits such as medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, a flexible spending plan, LegalShield, and generous paid time off. Are you looking to develop your skills? Boundless can offer you hard to find training, flexibility, and personal and professional opportunities.
The salary is $13/hour.
Location and Shift: We are looking for an awesome Direct Support Professional interested in Third Shift at our Upper Arlington location.
What You Will be Doing
Direct Support Professional play an important role in the lives of the individuals we serve.
From everyday personal care and relationship building to shopping and trips to the zoo, DSPs are at the heart of what we do, empowering people to live active, independent lives. As a person-centered organization, we are seeking individuals to join our team that embrace the same values we do—love, excellence, respect, empowerment, and well-being. These values guide everything we do.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will be responsible for providing direct programming and dietary, laundry, toileting, housekeeping support. Our DSP team members work in conjunction with the extended Boundless team to ensure those that we serve can live a Boundless life. We'd welcome the opportunity to review your application and consider you for the Boundless team.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Assists in the development and implementation of Individual Plans (IP)
- Assists in all required documentation of services performed.
- Performs related household chores as needed (to supplement resident training or resident competence); assists in the preparation of a shopping list for food and dietary supplies; assists in shopping for food and dietary supplies; assists in laundering, folding, ironing and storing residents’ clothing; maintains adequate inventories of laundry and cleaning supplies; purchases and appropriately stores laundry and cleaning supplies as directed; assists residents in cleaning their own bedrooms, bathroom, closets, etc. as individually needed.
- Assists consumers with preparation and/or prepares nutritious meals as directed by the Dietician; provides for a positive dining experience for all residents; maintains accountability and inventory of food and dietary supplies; maintains proper labeling of stored and prepared food.
- Assures all food preparation, storage areas, and dining areas are kept clean and sanitary; assists residents with cleaning of these areas as required; cleans or assists residents in cleaning of shared areas of the home such as the living room, kitchen, den, screened porch, patio; may also clean and organize the garage storage areas.
- Ensures the safety, health and well-being of all residents; reports and documents unsafe conditions in the environment and injury and health conditions of all residents; interacts in a positive way with residents at all times; fosters a home atmosphere.
- Attends inservice training programs and staff meetings; accounts for the expenditure of resident funds; assists in the inventorying of residents’ clothing and personal possessions; may accompany residents for clothing purchases and assist them as necessary; repairs residents’ clothing as needed.
- Transports clients as needed; operates Boundless vehicles and/or own vehicle.
- May perform delegated nursing tasks.
- Assists in maintaining household files for compliance with applicable local, state and federal standards as needed; reports unusual incidents and communicates unusual medical situations as required; performs first aid and other procedures as trained and designated.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to communicate in English, including both spoken and written
- First Aid, CPR - adult, child, and infant; delegated nursing
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License with Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles--no more than five points on your driving record.
- Proof of auto insurance.
- One-year of experience working with intellectually/developmentally disabled individuals.
Special Skills and Requirements:
- Must be detail-oriented and have competent literacy and writing, documentation, communications, and interpersonal abilities.
- Must be able to use tools and equipment as required – including pushing/pulling wheelchairs, lifting consumers with Hoyer lifts
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and health screen as applicable for the role.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.