Job Summary: A&P Mechanics maintain our fleet of Fairchild Metroliners, Beech Queenairs, and Beech 99s
• Inspect, test, repair, maintain, troubleshoot, and service aircraft for approval to return to service.
• Perform alterations of airframes, powerplants, systems, and components, following approved technical data and industry-standard techniques.
• Perform overhaul of powerplants and various components such as magnetos and landing gear.
• Perform operational and run-up checks after the maintenance are performed to ensure proper operation.
• Adjust, align, and calibrate aircraft systems, using calibrated tools, gauges, and test equipment.
• Make logbook entries and fill out the required paperwork to document performed work.
• Read, research and interpret aircraft technical data using a computer or paper manual.
• Maintain work area, tools, and vehicles in a clean and safe condition
• Ensure that safety, regulatory and company requirements are met.
FAA Certificated A&P Mechanic Job Qualifications:
• FAA airframe and powerplant certificate(s)
• Have 3-5 years of experience preferred
• Must be able to read and write English and be able to comprehend and apply information contained in technical manuals.
• Must be able to document maintenance performed on required forms
• Must have knowledge of industry-standard techniques, principles, tools, and instruments involved in general aviation aircraft maintenance and alteration.
• Must know how to use approved technical data such as wiring diagrams, drawings, maintenance manuals, etc. to perform maintenance and alterations on general aviation aircraft in accordance with approved data.
• Must own their own set of tools. A minimum tool list will be provided upon request.
• Must pass a pre-employment DOT Drug testing
• Must be able to pass a security background check
• Be authorized to work in the USA
• Live within 30 minutes of Bemidji, MN.
• Must have a valid driver's license
Desired Education and Experience: Fairchild Metroliner, Beech 1900, 99, King/Queen Air, or similar type aircraft.
Environment: Indoor shop environment subject to frequent interruptions such as hangar doors opening and closing for moving aircraft. Occasional working outside to do line maintenance will be required, changing priorities from time to time.
Physical Demands: Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a variety of industry-standard equipment. Reaching overhead, crouching, kneeling, bending, standing, climbing, and walking will be required. Clarity of vision at varying distances. Verbal, auditory, and written capabilities to effectively communicate in an articulate manner. Must meet the physical requirements which qualify a person to perform essential job functions including the ability to lift at least 70 pounds. All the above items with or without accommodation.
This position is currently accepting applications.