You are strategic and discerning. You are a natural leader and a problem-solver, and you are highly motivated when your work has deep, meaningful impact. The work you do, will enrich and build the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, who take pride in their communities and seeing the growth and develop.
As a Business Unit Financial Analyst, you will be a key contributor to MLCV. We are looking for someone who has experience in supporting a sustainable growing business while maintaining the integrity and support operations with our businesses.
We look for the following when evaluating new teammates:
Culture fit: You love our ambitious/spirited culture that is passionate about redeeming lives and restoring Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe communities. You strive to display heart, empathy, and resolve in our daily interactions.
Organizational aptitude: You are a strong project and people manager, capable of driving multiple work streams and stakeholders toward deadlines and juggling priorities in a dynamic environment.
Execution machine: You thrive under pressure, consistently meeting expectations and commitments on tight deadlines, all while managing a variety of tasks and relationships in an efficient and meticulous manner. You lead through our values, while energizing people.
We are seeking a full time Financial Analyst to join our team at Grand Casino. As the Analyst, you will support the forecasting and budgeting processes and prepare monthly financial management reports including providing insightful analysis and commentary. Analysis of spending, project accounting, and ROI analysis is emphasized.
The position will need to be innovative, motivated, forward thinking, and detail oriented. You will provide your expertise to help support the business.
In this role you will:
- Consolidate and analyze financial data such as budgets, financial statement, forecasts etc. considering Grand Casino’s goals and financial standing.
- Provide creative recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance.
- Prepare variance analysis and research key causes.
- Deliver month-end and quarter-end reporting, including routine communication with management on identified issues.
- Summarize comprehensive data to tell a story.
- Perform complex business modeling, forecasting, and budgeting functions.
- Analyze current and past financial/operational data and performance.
- Create and maintains database files, financial/operational models and forecasts.
- Review data discrepancies and recommends solutions to improve accuracy.
- Develop and grow strong cross-functional relationships to ensure the achievement of department and business objectives through collaboration and communication.
- Prepare financial variance analysis for to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Design and maintain the preparation of meaningful financial analyses, presentations and performance templates.
- Stay informed on industry trends by researching and networking.
- May assist with special projects and change management.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field. Or a minimum of 5 years’ demonstrated experience as a financial analyst.
- You have a working knowledge of deferrals, accruals, budgeting, and systems.
- You have strong analytical, financial/operational modeling and problem-solving skills.
- You’re very comfortable MS Excel and able to learn new software applications.
- You are team oriented and able to motivate and work well with diverse, cross-functional teams.
- You enjoy building consensus across business functions and have the confidence to share information and make judgment calls.
- You are proactive, flexible regarding changing work priorities, and able to manage multiple projects.
- You work well under pressure, juggling tasks and work efficiently against deadlines with excellent time management skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills coupled with strong business acumen.
- Able to prepare & understand project financial models & cost analysis.
- Can articulate what great casino operation looks like.
- Strong leadership and communication skills and team management, or interest in a company approved development placement program.
- Workday experience preferred.