Maintenance Technician Job Responsibilities
Your basic responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Must be proficient in customer service and communication.
• Must be proactive in finding and correcting problems within the
• Ability to receive criticism in a professional and constructive manner.
• Must be flexible when needed and provide a fun and positive work
• Complete tasks and projects as dictated by the Maintenance Supervisor
and/or Leasing staff.
• Must notify management staff immediately of any potential fire or health
hazards found on community grounds.
• Pre-employment background and drug testing may be required.
Your operating responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time and walk stairs.
• Must provide your own basic hand tools. The company will provide power
tools and any other larger qualifying machinery.
• Trouble shooting and repair as requested by residents or staff members.
• Installation of new and repaired appliances as dictated by your
• A qualified candidate will be able to complete physical labor tasks as
required by the specific property. This includes but is not limited to
moving appliances up and down stairs, fencing, bending responsibly and
lifting responsibly. Must be able to lift in excess of 50lbs.
• Provide excellent customer service and ensure all property goals are being
met including but not limited to service request, preventative
maintenance, capital projects, renovations, unit turns, move out and move
• Monitor community daily to ensure all areas are up to par. These areas
include, dumpsters, pet waste areas, parking lots, mailbox, model units,
common area amenities and Leasing Offices. This includes cleaning when
• Assist in monitoring of snow removal, chemical logs, inspection logs and
other items as dictated by your Maintenance Supervisor or Community
• Ensure that your community is adhering to city and state laws regarding
OSHA, safety standards, employee communication and general community
• Ensure all company required training is being completed and Fair Housing
laws are being followed.
• Conduct move out inspections and pre-move out inspections as instructed
by the Maintenance Supervisor.
• Work with onsite staff to minimize turn and renovation time.
• Make sure all community software is being utilized proficiently as dictated
by company policy and guidelines.
• Complete additional duties as assigned by Supervisor or company
• MUST be available for on-call, emergencies and snow removal when
• Use of personal vehicle may be required at times.
*** Job descriptions are generalized and are subject to alteration by Supervisor at any
time during employment. Please contact your Hiring Manager or Supervisor with any
questions or concerns. Must be available to work weekends if required.