Bolton & Menk has new opportunities in the Twin Cities for a Construction Project Engineer to join our Construction Services Group. As a Top150 Workplace in Minnesota, this is a fantastic opportunity to work with a great team of professionals. Bolton & Menk is regional, consulting engineer firm with over 70 years of experience serving the Upper Midwest.
As a Construction Project Engineer you will be responsible for managing contracts and construction aspects of project delivery as well as providing leadership and coordination of team members in construction phase activities.
- Responsible for contract administration on intermediate and complex projects.
- Assists with estimating construction needs and workload for inspections, surveying and material testing, during preparation of proposals (RFPs) and final design.
- Coordinates workload and determine staffing needs for inspections, surveying, and interns during construction.
- Performs quality control and quality assurance for project plans and specifications.
- Works with Project Managers with all phases of project development, preliminary design, design and construction.
- Coordinates, conducts, and documents preliminary design meeting with private utility companies.
- Reviews and prepares preliminary project construction sequencing, scheduling, and working days.
- Responsible for project schedule (bar chart or CPM) and project submittals.
- Performs constructability review of plans and specifications.
- Leads the problem resolution related to projects.
- Understands and complies with the company safety manual.
- Travels to work site and other project related locations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Engineering, Civil Engineering or related field from an accredited College or University.
- Licensed Professional Engineer and meets State requirements to maintain required licenses.
- 5 years of progressive construction management or civil engineering experience.
- Working knowledge of CAD plan production processes for managerial, supervisory and QA/QC purposes appropriate to the area of practice.
- Basic knowledge of drafting and layout.
- Effective administrative skills (including organizing and filing, documentation, prioritization).
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written communication.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Effective Complex problem solving ability
- Effective supervisory, management and team leadership skills.
- Ability to work in extended outdoor conditions and able to lift 50 lbs independently or 100 lbs with assistance, negotiate construction work sites.
- Physically capable of accessing project sites for design and construction QA/QC review.
- Possess valid driver’s license.
WHY BOLTON & MENK?
Work with a creative and hardworking team, who believe in client satisfaction and building relationships. For over 68 years Bolton & Menk, Inc. has served public and private clients in the Upper Midwest with comprehensive planning, design and construction engineering and surveying services. The employees at Bolton & Menk are seeking hard working and ambitious co-workers to join us to deliver tomorrow’s leading infrastructure projects. Bolton & Menk is employee-owned, is ranked among ENR’s Top 500 Design Firms and is a Top 150 Workplace in Minnesota. With over 550 employees and 21 offices in Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota and North Carolina, there are always new challenges and career development opportunities available.
At Bolton & Menk, we value our people and provide an exceptional Total Compensation and Benefits Package to protect our most valuable asset. We are committed to the well-being of our employees and their families. Perks of being a Bolton & Menk employee include peace of mind with our benefits package and competitive compensation plan, flexible schedules and career development opportunities. Learn more here: https://www.bolton-menk.com/careers
We're Social! Connect with us on Twitter @BoltonandMenk or Facebook BoltonandMenk
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bolton & Menk, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.