Bolton & Menk, a top regional consulting firm in the Midwest is looking to add a leader to our Planning and Urban Design Work Group who will lead our team of environmental planners, natural resource and wetland specialists and cultural resources staff. We are looking for a leader who will help foster our mission that All People Should Live in a Safe, Sustainable and Beautiful Community! As a Top150 Workplace in Minnesota, this is a great opportunity to expand your leadership skills and work with a great team of professionals.
Our established staff of professionals within Environmental Planning, Water & Natural Resources and Cultural Resources help bring sustainable process, design, and accountability to a community. We are passionate about using collaboration to lead us to the right solution. A solution that can be planned for and funded. A lasting solution that not only works today but long into the future. Our expertise offers a fresh, engaging approach to solve multi-faceted problems involving technical, regulatory, and community issues.
This position can be located out of any of our Twin Cities locations (Chaska, Maplewood, Ramsey, Burnsville or Minneapolis) or Mankato or Rochester.
What You Will Be Doing:
Lead the development of plans, policies, and regulatory approvals to meet the social, economic, and physical needs of communities, including, multimodal transportation planning, environmental planning, land use and development, public facilities, and parks and recreational facilities.
Primary Focus Will Include:
- Direct planning projects from concept development through project delivery
- Lead staff through and advise project managers and clients through
- NEPA/SEPA environmental review and documentation.
- Planning documents and processes
- Regulatory environmental permitting requirements.
- Environmental permit applications.
- Oversee the final production of environmental documents, comprehensive plans and reports, graphics associated with public meetings, presentation drawings, reports, etc.
- Prepare and obtains permits from state, local, and federal regulatory agencies.
- Provide advice and counsel regarding regulatory compliance issues.
- Confer with local authorities, civic leaders, social scientists, and land planning and development specialists to devise and recommend arrangements of land and physical facilities for residential, commercial, transportation, industrial, and community uses.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position, which may include, but are not limited to, conducting other ecological evaluations and preparing the associated reports, participating in public involvement activities associated with sensitive environmental issues.
- Understanding of NEPA and all relevant federal, state and local environmental regulations and requirements.
- Experience in preparing all levels and types of environmental documents and permits.
- Master's Degree in Planning, Environmental Science or related field preferred
- Minimum of 10 years related experience completing environmental review, permitting, and regulatory compliance related to transportation projects or a closely related field
- LEED Accredited Professional
- PLA, PE,AICP, CEP certification preferred, but not required.
WHY BOLTON & MENK?
Work with a creative and hardworking team, who believe in client satisfaction and building relationships. For over 70 years Bolton & Menk, Inc. has served public and private clients in the Upper Midwest with comprehensive planning, design and construction engineering and surveying services. The employees at Bolton & Menk are seeking hard working and ambitious co-workers to join us to deliver tomorrow's leading infrastructure projects. Bolton & Menk is employee-owned, is ranked among ENR's Top 500 Design Firms and is a Top 150 Workplace in Minnesota. With over 550 employees and 21 offices in Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota and North Carolina, there are always new challenges and career development opportunities available.
At Bolton & Menk, we value our people and provide an exceptional Total Compensation and Benefits Package to protect our most valuable asset. We are committed to the well-being of our employees and their families. Perks of being a Bolton & Menk employee include peace of mind with our benefits package and competitive compensation plan, flexible schedules and career development opportunities. Learn more here: https://www.bolton-menk.com/careers
We're Social! Connect with us on Twitter @BoltonandMenk or on Facebook at BoltonandMenk
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bolton & Menk does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party agencies in response to Bolton & Menk job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team.
Bolton & Menk, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.