Would you like to help make a difference, enjoy excellent benefits, and join a fast-growing company? We might have a job for you.
We are looking for a dedicated Registered Nurse who shares our passion for helping others to join the I Am Boundless, Inc. team!
Boundless is fast growing CQL- and CARF- accredited nonprofit organization with nearly 40 years of expertise. We are focused on supporting people with complex needs associated with intellectual and developmental disabilities and/or behavioral health challenges.
Working for Boundless has many perks. We treat our team like family and offer advantages that allow you to focus, thrive, and grow.
Enjoy excellent benefits such as medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, a flexible spending plan, legalshield, and generous paid time off. Looking to develop your skills? Boundless can offer you hard to find training, flexibility, and personal and professional opportunities.
Join us --- and make the change happen!
What You Would Be Doing
The RN in Community Living Services will supervise the management of health care for people supported by IAB, ensuring the individuals medical and wellness needs, and personal outcomes are met. The RN will oversee the work of the LPN and Medical Assistants. The RN will provide training in areas of universal precautions, Medication Administration, Medical Certification 1, 2, & 3 to ensure that Direct Support Professionals (DSP) that pass medications, oversee G-Tube feedings, and insulin injections are trained as required. The RN will be competent while delivering care to persons we support utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implantation, and evaluation. The RN will effectively interact with persons IAB supports, their families, out IAB associates, team members, and other health care members while maintaining all standards of professional nursing.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides supervision and consultation to the LPNs and MAs in overall management of health services with attention to the identification of health and wellness needs of the people served. Oversee plans to meet those needs, schedule LPNs as needed. Serves as a medical liaison between families, physicians, and others.
- Providers training and oversight related to Medication Administration and Certifications 1, 2, & 3 which include G-tube nutrition and insulin as well as other health care needs. Maintains records to ensure that the staff have the required training in Medication Administration.
- Oversee Delegated Nursing in the CLS/SL department where required and submit the billing for reimbursement.
- Provide regular review of medical and nursing practices and required documentation requirements. Ensures that the information in the medical record is maintained and meets regulatory standards. Monitors and approves compliance of all DODD, ODH, and other regulatory requirements. Participates in completing the plans of correction.
- Provides medical and wellness input to the individuals served, team members, and families and guardians. Assists the team with goals associated with health and wellness and ensures that these factors are part of the individuals Support Plan.
- Oversees the follow-up of medical concerns regarding UIRs and MUIs.
- Participates in the admission of new people served by IAB.
- Participates in CQL accreditations and CARF reviews.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience?
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited school of nursing.
- Registered nurse (RN) with current licensure from the Ohio State Board of Nursing.
- 3-5 years of nursing and training experience.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities?
- Experience working with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.?
- Working knowledge of Medicaid and Licensure rules and regulations related to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and behavioral health.?
- A commitment to the mission and vision of our organization.
- Strong professional ethics, integrity, and accountability in all actions.
Interested? Great! Apply for this job and we will review your application.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.