The Production Graphic Designer provides work to fulfill graphic design needs for posters, print & collateral, digital LCD screens, outside marquee, and website, app and online creative content. This individual will directly assist in the production process of materials from onset of the job through to its completion. Guided by the traditional Ojibwe teachings, MLCV’s core values – honesty, wisdom, humility, love, truth and bravery – are the driving force in our business. The values guide us as we move forward to achieve our mission. At MLCV we are guided by Associate promise – to SERVE you (support, empower, respect, value and engage). Through this promise we strive to support our Associates in living their best lives by offering them challenging and rewarding work, a competitive benefits package and opportunities to build lasting relationships.
Responsible for the following:
• Utilize branded templates to complete graphic design and/or digital jobs for Grand Casino and other MLCV entities
• Design corresponding work to compliment brand image concepts developed by outside advertising agency and to maintain design standards.
• Ability to handle heavy daily and weekly workload of on-floor promotional signage & collateral design including digital signage, online creative, coupons, interior and exterior signage, posters, duratrans (backlit posters) and multi-media presentations.
• Create branded content for social media as needed.
• Design newspaper and magazine ads as needed.
• Collaborate with the property Traffic Coordinator and the Brand Communication Coordinator to gather or confirm facts to be incorporated into design assignments.
• Deploy emails from templates through email vendor platform
• Develop and maintain awareness of mechanical and other job specifications for various communication mediums (e.g. various types of signage, coupons, etc.).
• Work with external vendors producing all print and collateral – whether from the agency or internal work.
• Conduct press checks to ensure quality of design at printer.
• Prepare final press-ready files based on supplied specifications for several types of printing.
• Make various formats of supplied artwork production-ready and resolve any artwork issues that arise during production
• Maintain and catalog all completed jobs in electronic format. Maintain assets on the digital asset management system.
• Follow a development timeline to ensure tasks are being completed on time
• Design other internal and external communications projects as requested by the Director of Brand Strategy.
• Order graphic supplies as needed.
• Utilize the large format printer to print in-house jobs for property.
• Perform other duties when specifically assigned.
• Reports directly to the Director of Brand Strategy at MLCV; works cross-functionally with marketing teams across portfolio.
• Works with agency of record design team to ensure brand standards are met.