The Landings Association, Inc., on Skidaway Island, has an exciting career opportunity available for a Budget Manager/Special Projects Coordinator. This position takes the lead and manages the operating and reserve budgets while performing complex analytical work to identify, define, research, analyze, and make recommendations on long range financial and strategic decisions.
The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge and at least 3 years of experience with budget management and Accounting. Additionally, we are looking for some who has:
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent technology skills, including high comfort level with researching and implementing new and replacement systems
- Strong benchmarking, research, and analytical skills
- Ability to adapt to change while producing accurate and timely information to assist management and the board in making long-range financial decisions.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manages all phases of budget preparation for the operating and reserves budgets including:
- Works with TLA Management and department staff to ensure the accurate and timely preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Finalizes outcomes for final budget review, including preparation of summary and other information for budget document
- Reviews and analyzes departmental budget requests
- Makes expenditure, fee, and revenue recommendations
- Compiles annual organization-wide budgetPrepares monthly budget status reports for each department and reviews with appropriate manager/director.
2. Conducts studies on various operations, analyzes processes, and recommends improvements throughout the organization.
3. Conducts analysis and provides recommendations on various financial systems throughout the organization, such as reconciliation and tracking software.
4. Collaborates with department managers on ad-hoc projects requiring financial analysis.
5. Provides timely and accurate numbers and statements for TLA reporting, such as cash flows and budget reports.
6. Compiles cash flow reports as needed.
7. Performs internal audits and works with external auditors as needed.
8. Conducts benchmarking and research for TLA’s Strategic Plan and actively monitors and analyzes Board-approved Objectives, Goals, Strategies, and Measures.
9. Supports Strategic Plan update process.
10. Assists organization-wide implementation and tracking of performance measures/metrics.
11. Makes presentations at TLA Finance Committee and Board meetings and acts as a resource for other TLA Committee meetings as needed.
12. Assists the Controller with various projects and month-end closing as needed.