Endeavor Schools is a growing family of private schools that is committed to providing better education for a better world. We seek to engage families and team members to surface their hopes and dreams for their school, and then provide our schools with the tools and resources to transform those ideas into reality. We strive to create optimal teaching and learning environments that transform the lives of those we serve.
Making a significant, lasting, positive difference in the communities we serve begins and ends with our people. At Endeavor Schools, we are always recruiting for team members who have the courage, skills, experience and desire to help us strengthen our team and deliver on the promises we make to the families that we serve. We believe that our teammates deserve a work environment that inspires their growth as professionals and respects them as human beings.
As part of the Endeavor Schools Family, Oak Grove Academy is currently seeking an experienced School Chef/Cook to serve our children nutritious and good-tasting food, which most children will eat. This food must be prepared in our kitchen and will meet the highest standards for cleanliness and safety. Anything less is unacceptable. Contamination of food items must be prevented. The Head of School will inspect the kitchen and pantry frequently to ensure all the responsibilities of the cook are being performed properly.
- Assisting in the planning of all menus.
- Being able to prepare alternates in menu planning in the event of an emergency.
- Preparing meals and snacks efficiently that meet the nutritional needs of the children.
- Preparing food for special programs.
- Shopping for specific items as necessary.
- Maintain inventory of food and supplies and order more when needed.
- Treating all children, families, and co-workers with dignity and respect.
- Participating in recommended and required training.
- 2 years kitchen management/cook experience in a licensed childcare center is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of all current State and Local regulations.
- A High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Why work for us? Because we truly care about our people!
In addition to an engaging and dynamic work environment, we offer competitive benefits such as medical insurance, 401(k), paid time off, education scholarships, child tuition discounts, and more.
Endeavor Schools is a growing family of private schools that is united by the belief that families deserve schools that are worthy of their trust. The mission of Endeavor Schools is to empower our schools with the tools, resources and support required to deliver on the promises made to our children and families. Our vision is to create optimal teaching and learning environments that transform the lives of those we serve.
Safety Statement: Endeavor Schools is committed to provide a safe school environment for our employees and our students. As such, we follow strict CDC guidelines for school operations, including, but not limited to, the use of Personal Protective Equipment like masks while on school grounds, taking temperatures of staff and students, and sanitizing classrooms and surfaces throughout the day. Employees of Endeavor Schools are expected to follow all work and safety guidelines/procedures each day.
Endeavor Schools is an equal opportunity employer.