The cook is responsible for the preparation of food through the process of menu and recipe familiarity, line set-up and breakdown, complying with all applicable sanitation, health and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures as assigned by their Supervisor or Manager. The cook is responsible for appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss and waste.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Preparation of food served using established production procedures and systems.
- Preparation of food within a timely manner
- Preparation of food as illustrated within company provided descriptions to ensure appearance of food is preserved.
- Ensures availability of supplies by performing daily opening, ongoing and closing duties, this includes keeping work area clean and ready for order.
- Complies with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene and health standards. Observes proper food preparation and handling techniques.
- Stores food properly and safely, marking the date and item.
- Reports necessary equipment repair and maintenance to supervisor.
- Correctly prepares all food served following standard recipes.
- Keeps work area neat and clean at all times; cleans and maintains equipment used in food preparation.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Understands and follows proper Safety Policies, Procedures, and Practices.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Stress Management/Composure.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a kitchen environment, housed with equipment such as a grill, fryers, dishwasher, slicer, and chef’s knives. The employee is frequently exposed to heat, steam, fire and noise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less. The position requires manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures. There is substantial repetitive motion of the wrists, hands and fingers.
Required Education and Experience
Prior experience in a related food service position is desirable.
Individual must be eligible to work in the United States and be prepared to submit proper identification upon hire.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.