Interacts with guests as they arrive and as they leave the restaurant to ensure positive dining experience. The key role is to provide a positive, memorable dining experience through excellent customer service. Hosts are held responsible for compliance with standards, policies and procedures such as conduct, etiquette, dress code, complete familiarity with the menu and any subsequent day-to-day changes and completing all tasks as assigned by their supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greets all guest as they enter instructing them on the seating availability at that time.
- Treats all guests in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strives to exceed guests' expectations.
- When applicable, takes guest information and quotes wait times to accurately when tables are not immediately available.
- Observes tables and keeps track of clean, dirty and occupied tables.
- Cleans, organizes and stocks host area.
- Maintain specific side-work and ensure the total cleanliness and smooth operation of the restaurant.
- Answers phones and inputs carry out orders in the POS (Point of Sale System).
- Bags carry out orders within a timely manner.
- Maintains restrooms throughout shift.
- Perform daily opening, ongoing and closing side duties such to ensure all item are prepped, clean and ready for the next meal period.
- Understand and practice proper food handling and sanitation techniques.
- Report to work in a neat and clean uniform and according to company standards.
- Assist the servers as needed, this includes but is not limited to running their food and bussing their tables.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Understands and follows proper Safety Policies, Procedures, and Practices.
- Customer Focus.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Organizational Skills.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Multi-task oriented
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position operates in a restaurant setting. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Frequent hand washing is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The position may require occasional lifting of products weighing up to 20 pounds.
Required Education and Experience
Prior experience in a related food service position is desirable.
Individual must be eligible to work in the United States and be prepared to submit proper identification upon hire.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.