|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The dish and general utility position is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for all dishes including, necessary cooking utensils by using machine and manual cleaning methods. This position also ensures the dish tank area is maintained as a clean, safe and sanitary facility. Assists with cleaning other areas of the restaurant as requested.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sort and rinse all dirty dishes and cooking utensils, place them in racks to send through dish machine.
- Sort and stack clean dishes. Restocks all dishes, glassware, utensils, pots, and pans.
- Uses proper measurements of detergent and sanitizer in the dish machine.
- Wash pots, pans and trays by hand as needed.
- Keeps dish and other storage areas clean and organized.
- Remove trash and garbage to dumpster.
- Set up or break down dishwashing area/ Assemble or disassemble dish machine.
- Clean and roll/unroll mats.
- Collect bus tubs from Front of House and Kitchen Areas.
- General cleaning including but not limited to, sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning up spills that occur both Front and Back of House.
- Sweep up trash around exterior of restaurant and garbage dumpster.
- Conduct general restaurant and restroom cleaning as directed.
- Wipe up any spills to ensure kitchen floors remain dry.
- Replenish ice to bar and wait stations as needed.
- Ensuring laundry is maintained.
- Assist bartenders in changing of beer kegs as needed.
- Notify Manager any time dish machine wash or rinse cycle falls below safety standard temperatures.
- Do not touch dirty dishes before touching clean dishes without washing hands first.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Understands and follows proper Safety Policies, Procedures, and Practices.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Stress Management/Composure.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a kitchen environment. This role routinely uses sinks and dishwashers and tools to clean kitchen appliances. Employees in this role are frequently exposed to hot water, potentially slippery floors, garbage disposals and cleaning chemicals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. The position requires manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
Individual must be eligible to work in the United States and be prepared to submit proper identification upon hire.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.