Sell and serve food and drinks in a professional manner within a casual, full-service restaurant. The key role is to provide a positive, memorable dining experience through the service of great food and beverage. Servers are held responsible for compliance with standards, policies and procedures such as conduct, etiquette, dress code, serving techniques, complete familiarity with the menu and any subsequent day-to-day changes and completing all tasks as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Effectively serve multiple tables at a time, as determined by management.
- Have complete knowledge of Roosters Restaurant’s food and beverage preparation.
- Perform daily opening, ongoing and closing side duties such to ensure all item are prepped, clean and ready for the next meal period.
- Understand and execute the proper sequence of service for the entire dining experience.
- Ability to interact with guests and co-workers in a effective and friendly manner.
- Ability to practice “guest service perception” to anticipate the guest’s food and service needs.
- Ability to apply basic selling techniques, which includes offering food and alcohol suggestions and appropriate upselling.
- Accurately record guest food and beverage selections and correctly input the order into the P.O.S. (Point of Sale system).
- Able to interact with guests in a friendly/fast manner.
- Able to accept different types of payment and make change.
- Maintain specific side-work and ensure the total cleanliness and smooth operation of the restaurant.
- Ability to clear and reset tables.
- Understand and practice proper food handling and sanitation techniques.
- Ability to effectively respond to basic guest complaints.
- Check identification to ensure guests are of legal age to consume alcoholic beverages.
- All guests must be treated in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strive to exceed guests’ expectations.
- Report to work in a neat and clean uniform and according to company standards.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Understands and follows proper Safety Policies, Procedures, and Practices.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Ethical Conduct
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position operates in a restaurant setting. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Frequent hand washing is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The position may require occasional lifting of products weighing up to 20 pounds.
Expected Hours of Work
Days and hours of work vary. Service of food is Monday thru Thursday 11:00am till last call at 12:15am, Friday and Saturday 11:00am till last call at 1:15am, and Sunday 11:00am till last call at 11:15pm. You will be required to work either during, before or prior too service of food hours. Nights and weekends are required.
Required Education and Experience
Prior experience in a related food service position is desirable.
Individual must be eligible to work in the United States and be prepared to submit proper identification upon hire.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.