Controller - Roundhouse Group, Inc.
Roundhouse, a rapidly growing developer of diverse real estate projects, is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the position of Controller. Founded in 2008, we have operations in five states with 3,000 multi-family units and over $650,000,000 of assets under management. We pride ourselves in challenging the status quo to identify emerging trends and markets that improve the lives of our residents and deliver superior returns to our partners. We take a long-term view that prioritizes community building and cultivates pride in the places we build and the cities we inhabit.
We are seeking an experienced professional to serve as a Controller reporting to the Chief Operating Officer. This position is based in Boise, Idaho.
- Identify, develop and build the right team and corresponding structure required for achieving the Company's goals.
- Develop, maintain and implement effective internal controls, including but not limited to physical cash management, transaction processing and accounting policies and procedures.
- Manage all general accounting function, including month-end close, preparing and booking journal entries, account reconciliation and variance analysis.
- Maintain corporate insurance and ensure correct and adequate coverage is in place.
Treasury & Accounting
- Oversee cash management and day-to-day commercial banking relationships.
- Review consolidated balance sheet, P&L and cash flow, operational reports and input on actual vs. budget income statements.
- Oversee activities related to payables and receivables, ensuring that accounts are paid and receivables are collected in a timely manner.
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed.
- Implement and maintain the general ledger, sub-ledger, chart of accounts and all accounting processes.
- Perform month end close, working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to ensure accurate and timely financial statements ensuring completeness, accuracy, and compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Reconcile general ledger accounts to sub-ledgers/supporting schedules and prepare monthly bank reconciliation.
- Oversee and manage the payroll and benefits package deductions for all employees.
Budget, Modelling & Financial Planning
- Assist in the annual budgeting process as well as periodic forecasting.
- Analyze tax implications and prepare strategic recommendations.
- Support the long-range planning efforts in coordination with the Company's management team.
- Engage cross-functional leaders to prepare business forecasts, reports and budgets.
- Develop and maintain detailed financial models and provide analysis to support the Company's strategic initiatives.
- Support business optimization, growth and expansion plans by generating longer-term financial and sales forecasts.
- Generate reports on revenue/ gross margin forecasts and variances, leveraging data to enable management to make decisions to improve performance, revenue optimization, minimize risk, and capture new opportunities.
- Preparation of operating, capital improvement and construction budgets and review with responsible departments along with quarterly and annual debt compliance packages and schedules
- Generate quarterly investor reports and distributions utilizing Juniper Square software.
Compensation & Benefits
Roundhouse is committed to providing a high-quality experience for our team members and helping them achieve their personal and professional goals. We offer a full suite of benefits and foster an entrepreneurial and innovative culture.
- Salary will vary depending on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- 401K plan with employer matching
- 18 days Paid Time Off + Federal Holidays