Resident Counselors needed for full and part-time direct hire positions in Camden County. Shifts: Sunday through Thursday 12am to 8am, relief Saturday 12am to 8am, relief Sunday 4pm to 12am and relief Friday 4p to 12am, Saturday 4p to 12am and overnights.
Provides direct counseling services and may perform specialized activities and functions.
- Provides direct counseling services.
- May perform specialized activities and functions specific to program.
- Completes documentation and other reporting requirements.
- Meets regularly with supervisor and participates in other continuing professional development opportunities.
- Contributes on agency committees and special tasks and promotes a sense of agency with co-workers and staff and communicate in ways that support agency mission and values.
Program Specific Responsibilities:
- Provides supervision and structure for youth in residence which is consistent with stated goals and objectives, day, evenings and weekends.
- Ensures that program structure is consistent with stated goals and objectives.
- Reports to and serves on the treatment team with therapist and other designated staff.
- Instructs, guides and counsels youth informally throughout their interactions in day to day activities.
- Provides life skills education
- Co-leads recreation and physical education activities scheduled during shift.
- Provides one to one assistance with a difficult youth.
- Provides transportation to and from appointments.
- Substitutes in the event of the resident counselor absence.
- Provide direct level of supervision to youth in the program and on activity outage.
- Attend the monthly staff meetings as required.
- Ensures that youth complete their goals as set forth in their treatment plans.
- Ensures that physical site of the program is clean and orderly as set forth in the policy and procedures.
- Assist youth in their daily life skills education and chores in the program.
- Complete all required paperwork (i.e.) shifts notes, incident reports by the end of the shift.
- Follow policies and procedures as set forth in the setting handbook and Transitional Policy and Procedures.
- Meet with the Senior Residential Counselor for structured supervision on a monthly basis.
- Other related duties as assigned.
NJ CSW required.