GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Provides instructional training to the Pathfinder, Inc. residents. Assists residents in acquiring necessary daily living skills and survival skills for independent living. Collects data and monitors training programs. Supervises and assists residents in completing day-to-day routine tasks.
POSITION 1: OVERNIGHT MONDAY - FRIDAY 11:00PM TO 7:00AM
POSITION 2: SATURDAY & SUNDAY, 9:00AM-5:00PM & TUESDAY-THURSDAY, 7:00AM-3:00PM
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manages and supervises residents' active treatment program in accordance with their individual program plans, and demonstrates the skills and techniques necessary to implement individual program plans.
2. Follows prescribed activities to meet individual objectives. Provides services which have been developed in an individual program plan.
3. Initiates learning skills programs, i.e., reading, money management, cooking, grooming, dress, hygiene.
4. Is responsible for the completion of appropriate forms and reports including recording progress notes.
5. Provides care and instruction for all residents in the facility in all areas of daily living including home management skills, cooking, cleaning and socialization skills, utilizing behavioral management techniques.
6. Assists in maintaining a safe and healthy environment for the residents.
7. Provides a variety of choices in community inclusion activities for residents of the facility.
8. Monitors/reminds residents when it is necessary to take and refill medications.
9. Manages residents in appropriate behaviors in a professional manner and demonstrates the necessary skills and techniques to intervene effectively.
10. Encourages healthy work attitudes and behaviors in residents who work.
11. Attends meetings and training sessions as directed.
12. Communicates verbal and written information regarding resident behavior, needs, medication, and other issues to incoming staff at shift change for program continuity.
13. Performs any other related duties as required or assigned.