You are strategic and discerning. You are a natural leader and a problem-solver, and you are highly motivated when your work has deep, meaningful impact. At Grand Casino your challenge is to manage and grow an innovative team that will nationally scale Grand Casino. The work you do, will enrich and build the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, who take pride in their communities and seeing the growth and develop.
As Grand Casino’s VP of Marketing, you will be at the helm of the organization’s core development. We are looking for a leader who has experience in sustainably growing business while maintaining the integrity and support operations with our businesses.
We look for the following when evaluating new teammates:
Culture fit: You love our ambitious/spirited culture that is passionate about redeeming lives and restoring Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe communities. You strive to display heart, empathy, and resolve in our daily interactions.
Organizational aptitude: You are a strong project and people manager, capable of driving multiple work streams and stakeholders toward deadlines and juggling priorities in a dynamic environment.
Execution machine: You thrive under pressure, consistently meeting expectations and commitments on tight deadlines, all while managing a variety of tasks and relationships in an efficient and meticulous manner. You lead through our values, while energizing people.
Provide strategic direction and oversight of property marketing functions to include advertising, direct marketing, player development, promotions, public relations, sales and entertainment. This position will provide overall market positioning, and strategic oversight of the property with the goal of growing revenues, customer base and market share.
- Oversee and provide strategic direction to staff in carrying out Advertising, Direct Marketing, Player Development, Promotions, Sales and Entertainment. While developing and executing short- and long-range marketing plans to enhance the opportunity for market share and profit growth.
- Analyze and monitor industry trends, competition, demographics and psychographics to capitalize on marketing opportunities and stay competitive in the industry.
- Work with Consumer Insights team to identify the business requirements and the expected outcomes. Identify what data is available and relevant, including internal and external data sources, leveraging new data collection processes. Optimize marketing efforts through cooperation with support organizations (e.g., Analytics, Consumer Insights)
- Partner with strategic executives, IT department and finance department to drive innovation in marketing strategy and tools and liaison on pilots/tests of new capabilities
- Define reinvestment strategy including: – Review Gross Gaming Revenue (GGR), hotel room, and non-gaming revenue targets, set goals, and manage marketing spend against goals – Oversee and approve the development of property calendar builds, reinvestment matrices, and revenue builds –Work with marketing teams to identify opportunities and ensure accurate execution
- Target customer divisions with compelling offers that profitably change customer behavior.
- Develop and interpret test and controls and present recommendations to enhance marketing program results and ability to identify opportunities to strengthen leadership in customer relationships and improve overall profitability.
- Collect, analyze and interpret sufficient, relevant and useful data to provide a sound basis for strategic business decisions.
- Implement and develop new programs to generate loyalty among Players Club guests
- Lead strategic direction of Casino Marketing functions to open and develop new markets
- Demonstrate ability to independently manage/coordinate production of projects accurately, economically and on-time.
- Review and approve all types of advertising to reach desired demographics thru direct marketing and advertising, to include social media, digital media, television, radio, billboard, print, website, etc.
- Provide direction on promotional marketing materials and provide direction regarding internal signage to promote all outlets and promotions within the casino resort.
- Develop and maintain System of Internal Control procedures for the department and develop and execute short and long-range strategic marketing plans.
- Prepare and present monthly reporting on all programs and includes in a monthly operating performance deck and ability to review market share trends and make recommendations to improve share.
- Ensure satisfactory profit/loss ratios are attained for casino promotions and events, while overseeing the development of offers, promotions and special events.
- Ensure progress toward stated goals and financial objectives by reviewing events, budgets, operations and forecast data
- Work closely with the Player Development to maximize host score card and player touch points to maximize revenue across $250+ segments.
- Work with sales team to develop and execute short and long-range strategic plans.
- Oversee entertainment in the Event Center and environmental entertainment and ensure exceptional guest service.
- Work with property leadership to develop career paths, build bench strength, and retain top marketing talent
- Responsible for hiring, training and disciplinary of department personnel and maintain an open-door policy. While assuring an environment which emphasizes cooperation, communication and teamwork with all depa
- Bachelor’s degree business, marketing, or PR related field
- Must possess a demonstrated thorough understanding of media strategy and media practices.
- 15 years’ experience driving significant revenue and profit leading a marketing team and a budget of at least $20 million.
- 10 year’s deep skills in marketing campaign development, execution and leveraging data and analytics to improve results and increase ROI.
- Proven leadership experience carrying out marketing efforts, including planning, prioritizing, and implementing strategy
- Eight (8) years’ experience in marketing, database management, advertising, promotions or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong leadership and communication skills and team management, minimum of seven years of leadership experience in marketing related field required, or successful completion of a related company approved development placement program.
- MBA or master’s in related field (Marketing, PR or Advertising).
- Must be able to secure license from Gaming Regulatory Authority.
- Mille Lacs Band Member and American Indian preference will be exercised in the hiring process.
- Ok with environment with second-hand cigarette/cigar smoke.
The company requires every associate to:
- Maintain an attitude and philosophy consistent with the company mission, vision and values.
- Maintain a professional reputation in the company and community.