You are strategic and discerning. You are a natural leader and a problem-solver, and you are highly motivated when your work has deep, meaningful impact. At Grand Casino Mille Lacs your challenge is to manage and grow an innovative team that will nationally scale Grand Casino. The work you do, will enrich and build the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, who take pride in their communities and seeing the growth and develop.
As Grand Casino’s VP of Finance, you will be at the helm of the organization’s core development. We are looking for a leader who has experience in sustainably growing business while maintaining the integrity and support operations with our businesses.
We look for the following when evaluating new teammates:
Culture fit: You love our ambitious/spirited culture that is passionate about redeeming lives and restoring Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe communities. You strive to display heart, empathy, and resolve in our daily interactions.
Organizational aptitude: You are a strong project and people manager, capable of driving multiple work streams and stakeholders toward deadlines and juggling priorities in a dynamic environment.
Execution machine: You thrive under pressure, consistently meeting expectations and commitments on tight deadlines, all while managing a variety of tasks and relationships in an efficient and meticulous manner. You lead through our values, while energizing people.
Provide strategic direction and oversight with the ability to influence and collaborate with the General Manager and peers to serve as an effective business partner, the Casino VP of Finance needs to be a strong strategic thinker. With the ability and credibility to build strong relationships with others within and outside the organization.
- Creates, develops, and implements an effective financial strategy while working with the General Manager and other leadership to determine objectives for future growth and expansion for Grand Casino.
- Strategic allocation of time toward defining Grand Casino’s future, providing financial perspectives on growth objectives and business performance.
- Establishes and manages the short- and long-term capital planning for Grand Casino.
- Leads property finance roles, count team, main bank and cashiers.
- Works with GM to provide insight for various financial areas within the casino to drive optimization with the analyst information.
- Analyze, consolidate, and direct all casino cost analysis together with other statistical and routine management reports.
- Seeks continuous analysis of Grand Casino’s cost structure based on real-time events to optimize profit margins.
- Prepare daily correspondence relating to financial matters and supervise preparation of monthly and annual cash forecasts as required.
- Conducts cost/benefit analyses, determining the revenue and cost-reduction opportunities and the expected return on investment or the net present value of the discounted cash flows from potential capital investments.
- Responsible for working with the Corporate shared services accounting, treasury, procurement and compliance team.
- Directs annual activity related to annual departmental budget(s) and forecasts.
- Champions Workday ERP and works with each internal group to assess the value and ROI of each key technology investment, and ensure the company adequately budgets the capital needed for the system implementation, process change management and training costs.
- Works to streamline the compilation of source data for use in financial reporting packages.
- Assess Risks and Implement casino Controls in partnership with corporate compliance and guidelines
- Maintains a working knowledge of GAAP standards
- Supports and enhances corporate and casino policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Supervises analysis of budgets, forecasts, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the GM and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities.
- Communicates financial information status reports to GM and operations team and participates in the review and analysis of business initiatives.
- Provides senior management with strategic insight and guidance on financial matters.
- Plans growth opportunities for those associates who display the necessary skills, motivation and attitude to progress within the company; provides for the fair and equitable treatment of all Finance Associates while also creating Finance development opportunities and serving as a mentor for Mille Lacs Band members within the department.
- Displays a high level of maturity, discretion, tact, judgment and the ability to deal with confidential matters.
- Responsible for hiring, training and disciplinary of department personnel and maintain an open-door policy. While assuring an environment which emphasizes cooperation, communication and teamwork with all departments.
- Ensure compliance with all casino and corporate policies and procedures and values and behaviors and servant leadership approach while upholding company’s key values and brand standards to encourage Casino Marketing team to maintain culture of excellence and achieve top results
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance/Accounting
- MBA and/or CPA professional certifications
- Minimum of 10 years progressive accounting/finance experience
- Work history to include a minimum of 8 years leadership experience in an organization.
- Experience in working with or reporting to a CEO or business unit leader
- Detail oriented, with strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to initiate improvements in financial systems and process
- Ability to understand a problem, structure the analysis needed to solve it and come up with innovative and insightful solutions and recommendations
- Results driven, highly motivated and self-directed
- Collaborative team player with great interpersonal skills
PREFERRED AND SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be able to secure license from Gaming Regulatory Authority.
- Mille Lacs Band Member and American Indian preference will be exercised in the hiring process.
- Ok with environment with second-hand cigarette/cigar smoke.
The company requires every associate to:
- Maintain an attitude and philosophy consistent with the company mission, vision and values.
- Maintain a professional reputation in the company and community.