Bolton & Menk, a top regional consulting firm in the Midwest is looking to add an Electrical Engineer to our team in the Twin Cities. As a Top150 Workplace in Minnesota, this is a fantastic opportunity to work with a great team of professionals.
In this newly added position, you will work on various outdoor projects and will be responsible for the overall electrical design process on roadway, trail, and parking lot lighting, streetscape and accent lighting, recreational fields and buildings, transit station areas, campgrounds, and airports.
We are looking to add an Electrical Engineer who will help foster our mission that All People Should Live in a Safe, Sustainable and Beautiful Community! We are passionate about using collaboration to lead us to the right solution. A solution that can be planned for and funded. A lasting solution that not only works today but long into the future. Our expertise offers a fresh, engaging approach to solve multi-faceted problems involving technical, regulatory, and community issues.
This position can be located out of any of our Twin Cities locations (Chaska, Maplewood, Ramsey, Burnsville or Minneapolis).
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Provide professional electrical engineering services for projects including planning, studies, design, bidding and construction administration
- Manage performance of assigned project team members
- Maintain existing client relationships and enhance pursued relationships with clients
- Identify, evaluate, pursue, and manage project opportunities
- Provide quality control and quality assurance on all project work
- Maintain budgets and schedules of project assignments
- Coordinate, facilitate, and attend internal and external meetings
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of electrical system design experience in the outdoor public infrastructure facilities
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in Minnesota, Iowa, and North Dakota or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel as required for project/client responsibilities and business development
- Ability to work remotely and manage projects, clients, and project team members
- Knowledge of electrical systems including electrical distribution, lighting, and special control systems
- Knowledge of instrumentation and control systems including instruments, fiber optics, computers, radios, Ethernet networks and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) [JH2] [JH3]
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Microstation, Revit, and MS Office projects
- Experience in municipal and/or transportation industry
- Photometric Analysis and Design
- Energy Efficiency Calculations
- Project management experience and knowledge of project financials
- Ability to work within multidisciplinary teams including but not limited to civil engineers, planners, landscape architects, architects, local elected officials and/or public committees, and regulatory agencies
WHY BOLTON & MENK?
Work with a creative and hardworking team, who believe in client satisfaction and building relationships. For over 70 years Bolton & Menk, Inc. has served public and private clients in the Upper Midwest with comprehensive planning, design and construction engineering and surveying services. The employees at Bolton & Menk are seeking hard working and ambitious co-workers to join us to deliver tomorrow’s leading infrastructure projects. Bolton & Menk is employee-owned, is ranked among ENR’s Top 500 Design Firms and is a Top 150 Workplace in Minnesota. With over 500 employees and 20 offices in Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota and North Carolina there are always new challenges and career development opportunities available.
At Bolton & Menk, we value our people and provide an exceptional Total Compensation and Benefits Package to protect our most valuable asset. We are committed to the well-being of our employees and their families. Perks of being a Bolton & Menk employee include peace of mind with our benefits package and competitive compensation plan, flexible schedules and career development opportunities. Learn more here: https://www.bolton-menk.com/our-benefits
We're Social! Connect with us on Twitter @BoltonandMenk or on Facebook at BoltonandMenk
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bolton & Menk does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party agencies in response to Bolton & Menk job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted, and such candidate must be submitted to the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team.
Bolton & Menk, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.