Are you looking for a new challenge in your planning career and looking to work for a top regional firm? Join Bolton & Menk and start leading aviation planning projects within our Aviation Services team and help foster our mission that All People Should Live in a Safe, Sustainable and Beautiful Community! As a Top150 Work Place in Minnesota, this is a great opportunity to expand your planning career and work with a great team of professionals.
As an Aviation Planner, you will collaborate with Engineers, Planners, and Technicians and will be responsible for assessing, analyzing, disclosing and documenting impacts on municipal and regional airport projects. This role will include Airport Master plans and Airport Layout plans, as well as the associated environmental planning and natural resource management strategies, relevant to aviation projects.
In this role you will serve on the team for complex airport planning projects. Duties may include technical analysis and documentation, public outreach, management of budget and schedule, management of other staff members and subconsultants, and client communication.
We are looking for candidates who have a high capacity for self-motivation and are able to apply aviation planning and environmental knowledge to a variety of aviation projects.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in either Aviation or Airport Management, Civil Engineering, Land Use Planning and/or Transportation Planning or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of four (4) years of progressive experience, including the preparation of detailed Airport Master Plans, Airport Layout Plans, and environmental documents for airports including EIS, EAs, CATEXs and Noise Modeling for both general aviation and air-carrier part 139 airports.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of aviation principles
- Strong technical writing ability
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong quality assurance and commitment to task
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize oneself to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to collaborate within a team atmosphere
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. Limited travel to project sites, agencies and other offices is required.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience with ArcGIS software in a planning environment
- State Aeronautics requirements
- Working knowledge of the FAA airport design and planning principles and FAA Advisory Circulars
- American Institute of Certified Planners certification
- Knowledge/Experience with Part 139
WHY BOLTON & MENK?
Work with a creative and hardworking team, who believe in client satisfaction and building relationships. For over 70 years Bolton & Menk, Inc. has served public and private clients in the Upper Midwest with comprehensive planning, design and construction engineering and surveying services. The employees at Bolton & Menk are seeking hard working and ambitious co-workers to join us to deliver tomorrow’s leading infrastructure projects. Bolton & Menk is employee-owned, is ranked among ENR’s Top 500 Design Firms and is a Top 150 Workplace in Minnesota. With over 500 employees and 18 offices in Minnesota, Iowa and North Dakota there are always new challenges and career development opportunities available.
At Bolton & Menk, we value our people and provide an exceptional Total Compensation and Benefits Package to protect our most valuable asset. We are committed to the well-being of our employees and their families. Perks of being a Bolton & Menk employee include peace of mind with our benefits package and competitive compensation plan, flexible schedules and career development opportunities. Learn more here: https://www.bolton-menk.com/our-benefits
We're Social! Connect with us on Twitter @BoltonandMenk or on Facebook at BoltonandMenk
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bolton & Menk does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party agencies in response to Bolton & Menk job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team.
Bolton & Menk, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.